ETE Rebuilt 42RLE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03silverrenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just had a ETE rebuilt 42 RLE transmission installed. So far so good, shifts feel much more firm. I've put 2,000 miles on it in the last 2 months. It comes with a 3 year unlimited mileage warranty and I'll be able to put it to the test since I have a long commute and expect to drive 40,000 miles a year.

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a lot of miles in 18 months! Glad to hear the rebuild is working out for you. Done right, it should last as long as any OEM build (that didn't die prematurely).

How many miles did you get out of the original transmission? Why did it fail? Also, what is your mileage interval for changing the fluid and filter on the rebuild?

03silverrenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Original had 120k when I finally lost reverse. I started having problems with it at 105 and was able to buy some time by dropping the pan and changing the filter. I don't think the previous owner had the transmission serviced. I forgot what code it would throw but it would go into limp mode when going uphill when it was hot outside. ETE remanufactures the transmissions and uses an improved valve body and other components apparently.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.