Error code p0234

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rzrbrn48

Reaction score
I have a 2005 Jeep Liberty Sport CRD 4x4 with about 200k miles on it. It has been in the shop a number of times recently. The last time about a month or so ago I drove it home from the dealership, about 17 miles or so and it performed great. Then I drove it a wee bit more, say another 20 miles or so total, and the engine light came on. I then bought a OBDLinkMX+ scanner. It noted a P0234 Turbo/Super charger overboot condition. I am not a mechanic. It can probably be said that I am not even mechanically inclined. However I do change my own engine oil, replace burned out tail light, maybe a headlight now and then, just to give e you an idea of my level of competence. But lately the repairs have been adding up so I think I may just try to do a bit or repair on my own. Any thoughts on how to repair whatever this error code indicates will b e greatly appreciated.

OK I Googled the error code and so I will inspect the hoses including the one from the boost controller to the wastegate actuator. That is, as soon as I figure out the location of this specific hose. At any rate, if the wastegate actuator rod to the turbo is bent I will not attempt to replace it.

So I suppose the real question is if you think I can drive this to the dealership to repair. It is about 17 to 20 miles from my home on the Interstate. If this is something that might destroy my engine I will have it towed on a flatbed to the dealership.

Last edited: