Engine Light On

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwb

Reaction score
My engine light came on tonight, I believe I know why, but short of going to dealer and paying him to hook up to computer, can I verify anything on my own?

I had problem with a/c blower so I removed some fuses and I believe that was the cause of the light.

To reset it, do I disconnect the battery for 20 minutes or so?

Thanks,
JWB

Silver Streak

Reaction score
Thirty seconds disconnected from the battery ought to be enough time for the computer to loose it's memory. Secondly, you can verify what you figure to be the problem, by simply setting the odomoter to show the "Trip" mode; then simply turn the key switch to on then off then on then off then on, within 5 seconds i believe it is. The codes will display for you in the trip odometer. When the last code is complete it will say it is finished. Read the codes before you erase them, that way you will be certain what codes were in there to begin with. I am surprised fuses would set a code, but i guess it happens.

Silver Streak
`05 CRD Sport

jwb said:
My engine light came on tonight, I believe I know why, but short of going to dealer and paying him to hook up to computer, can I verify anything on my own?

I had problem with a/c blower so I removed some fuses and I believe that was the cause of the light.

To reset it, do I disconnect the battery for 20 minutes or so?

Thanks,
JWB

jwb

Reaction score
After doing the on off on off on routine, I have two fault codes that I can not find any reference to.

Can someone tell me what they mean?

P 1388
P 1491

Thanks

JwB :-k

sprsonic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1388 is auto shut down relay control circuit
1491 is cooling fan relay control circuit

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sprsonic said:
1388 is auto shut down relay control circuit
1491 is cooling fan relay control circuit

Do those have anything to do with the fuses you went to pulling? You can unplug the battery if you would like. If they come back then you have a problem, if not then it must of been the fuse pulling. O:)

jwb

Reaction score
A/C Fan stopped

Thanks for the code info.

JWB

Members online

No members online now.