Electronic stability and modifications

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RadioAdam

Reaction score
HI!

I want to introduce my self to the community and perhaps ask for a little expertise!

My name is Adam, I'm a radio jock here in Cleveland and an avid Jeeper.

Ok, I just purchased an '06 liberty renegade with the off road pack and am looking into lifting it and getting some power upgrades:

1) Is there any noticeable gain in power from a JET performance chip? If so, is a new intake required? Are they just gas guzzlers?

2) What is the BEST 2-2.5 lift money can buy for my liberty? I'm not on a budget (I WANT THE BEST!!!)

3) Did anyone ever have any problems with the ESP when installing a lift? My friend told me that when he goes around corners with HIS lifted Lib his ESP flashes and try’s to cut his throttle...

IS THIS POSSIBLE for me???

Thanks for any input!!!

~Adam

moose

Reaction score
Adam,

I've never used a JET chip, so I can't help you on that. Try a search on this board or lostkjs.com on that topic. As for ESP and a lift, I don't think the lift will be giving you problems. I've lifted my '06 Renny and it has as many ESP faults as before...

Now the lift you want is the Frankenlift 2.5" lift (although I got 3.25") http://www.rocklizardfabrications.com/jeep_liberty.htm. Additional details are are www.boulderbars.com. This is a best of breed lift assembled from the best parts. Rock Lizard sells them a little cheaper than the manufacturer.

Jason

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
From other members I've heard its best to stay away from the Jet chip. Some people have reported they have lost power with it.

BoserBlick used to have one.