Electrical wiring question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rsincav

Reaction score
I just got my XM radio and have been looking for ways to install it not using the cig lighter, cell phone use that when needed. So i have been looking into the how-to for the sirius install. With the add-a-circuit i am going to guess you are pulling the radio fuse inserting the add-a-circuit in its place then installing the fuses. Besides the radio fuse what size is being installed. Also, I have the RBK radio with my I pod interface. I believe it has a cable for a sirius radio since that is what you would get if you bought it from the dealer. does anyone know what the wiring is for the interface and the radio. I want to run the audio directly into the radio some way or another, right know it is going into the aux channel of the interface. I have searched all over the net and in this forum for some answers and haven't really found what i am looking for. Also the 4 letter min. for the search is really a killer. Thanks in advance for the help.

Kevin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

The radio fuse would be the most logical since your XM will turn on and off with the radio since the fuse it switched. Instructions tell you to install one fuse first to verify the original unit works, then add the second.

What kind of XM unit do you have? Running it through the AUX channel on the iPod interface is pretty much the best you're going to get.

rsincav

Reaction score
I had gotten the expressEZ. I figured that is probably the best way just wanted to double check, and also thought of maybe splicing into the sat/cdc cable on the interface for the power also.