electrical prob already

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

benny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was driving along and all of a sudden, .........the dreaded "DING". I look down and it says gate in my instrument cluster.
My gate is closed and my key or the button on my gate will not open my glass. I open the gate and shut it, still displaying the message.
Driving back to work the message disappears and all of my interior lights shut off with the message. 1/4 mile before I get back to work,....."DING".
Needless to say I took it to the dealer and they will have it until next week, while I drive around in a Ford Fusion with 4 screaming squirrels under the hood and my wife driving her Liberty laughing at me.
Anyone ever have that happen on their rig?

benny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to Jeep world.

Far from new to the Jeep world, just all of these Damn electronics I guess. Oh well, I think I'll have a beer and think about it later,.....That is the easy go lucky attitude that being a Jeep owner has forced me to acquire over the years. (That is not a bad thing of course.)

benny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think there was a TSB..... Let me look

I actually found a tsb on it (tsb # 08-022-07) but the build date does not fall into that catagory, but we all know that means nothing.
I also found where some folks have said it happens because water is getting into the place where the electronics to the gate switch is and it is messing with it.
On that same website, some people have had the exact same thing happen while driving in the rain.
I find it interesting that we have had a tremendous amount of rain as of late. It started happening on Friday, after raining all day on Thursday.
I hope it is just the issue that is explained on the tsb and not a leak that is allowing water to get into the gate.
I will let you all know what the issue was when I get her back sometime this coming week.(Or what THEY say was the issue, we'll see if it comes back.)
I miss my Liberty already, The loaner Ford Fusion with its screaming squirrels under the hood is driving me nuts.
I will say that the dealership I went to gives loaner cars off of their lot until your repair is done, even without the extended warranty,That is a classy move on the dealerships part.

benny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, they got it in and found signs of a water leak that may be causing it. they also have the tsb info that I supplied to them and they are going to take care of that as well.
I hope they figure out where the leak is coming from, it seems that we can't get anything but rain here in Arkansas lately.
We'll see how it goes, updates later.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I am glad they are getting it all fixed but there is something missing here........oh yeah, where's the pics of your wife driving her jeep and laughing at you.....and the screamin squirrels drive train in the Ford????.......oh and how many nuts to the mile did the Ford get....:D

Oh, and welcome th the JKJCountry nut house.

Dave

benny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, here we go. I went to the dealership and they said they had no idea why it is doing that. They checked everything mentioned on the tsb, even though it did not fit into the build date catagory, everything was like it should be.
They checked for signs of a water leak, no leaks. I actually thought that they said over the phone that they had found a leak, they actually said they didn't, I heard wrong.
They checked to see if the driver seat was pinching some wiring like they had found on another website they look at for problems, nope.
They have been in contact with JEEP engineers and they say that they are aware of a problem and that the original tsb does not fix the problem.
JEEP engineers at this point do not know how to remedy the problem as of now.
I told the dealership that this is not something I feel I should be putting up with and they agreed. They reworked everything and put me back in my JK for what they gave me for it and everything is back to the way it was when I went there with it.
I never should have traded the JK, but you know the grass is always greener on the other side.
I told the family that 2 doors is in our future until the wheels falls off(never getting rid of her again, never should have), well my wife has a liberty so we still have a 4 door family friendly vehicle, just not 2 of them.
I hope none of you guys have this problem occur because as of now there is no permenant fix.
I will still come to this site and check it out because you guys have some nice rigs and your not afraid to wheel 'em.
later, Benny

jimbob

Reaction score
Did anyone ever figure this out? I have an 02 Sport that does this off and on. I can drive from Houston to Victoria with the damn thing binging ever 4 seconds prox. and then drive for 2 weeks with no noise and no dash light then it will start again. No rhime or reason the when it do and when it don't. Really bad at night cause it keeps the light on, HELP!!!

benny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know if they ever figured it out, as I said before, they reworked everything and put me back in my wrangler. They were absolutely baffled as to why it was doing that though. It's the strangest thing, you would think that it would be traceable.:shrug:

Miff_UK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds familiar, had a 07 Pariot which had random air bag warning lights in the muddy winter, an alarm which went off coz of the water in the headliner, and i have just bought a '10 Cherokee which got 5 miles in the rain before the oil light came on.

waiting for the dealer to ring, got a toyota Auris rental at the mo :0(

Miff

Latest posts

Members online