Ebay Intake Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flair1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At any constant speed (at least 25mph or greater) the intake temperatures will be at ambient temperatures.

thats what i found when messing around with a wireless thermometer. if i was going slower than 25 the under hood temp got pretty hot. over that and it went to outside air temp and that was with the thermometer taped to the end of the air filter. theres a post here somewhere where i get a bit more detailed about it all.

Last edited:

WillysOverland

Reaction score
thats what i found when messing around with a wireless thermometer. if i was going slower than 25 the under hood temp got pretty hot. over that and it went to outside air temp and that was with the thermometer taped to the end of the air filter. theres a post here somewhere where i get a bit more detailed about it all.

So that proves that at cruising speeds this intake would be alright and would not be affected by engine temperatures.

I only wonder how the air would be affected by being pulled oppositely and "colliding" at the straight section and if that would impose its own restriction. I don't think it would though since the air is being sucked in. It might be worth it to try it and see what it does, harm performance or help it.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
This is more of what I'm looking at gaining...2-5 hp/tq Max. .5-2 mpg Max.

If someone has one let me know. You can see that I did'nt reference anything they wrote. The filters could always be replaced if needed, but a K&N filter isnt going to be 10x better than these filters with my experience. I would get the Red kit on ebay over blue though since its closer to the K&N

Also, as for that who manufactures it thing.... When I owned a Ford ZX2 the K&N and AEM intakes were of the lowest performing intakes made for the car. Ebay intakes outperformed them at a fraction of the costs. Its also Dyno Proven. I built my own with 3" tubing though. (I would build one for the Jeep, but its hard to get 3.5" tubing and also get it for a decent price)

I just want some honest input on the geometry of the intake tubing and design. Nothing based off their literature.

Just look at the price! $49.99!
Oh sure!
*********!
Made in China CRAP!
Go for it, waste your money and then tell us "How great" it really isn't!
Like I said, the statement that accompanies their product "It can increase 7-13 HP and 5-10 ft/lb of Torque"
"It can can!"???
Where is the proof?
But does it?
Show some facts!
Boy racer junk.
So you go for a "Red" filter! Big deal! That doesn't mean it is a K&N Filter! Might Look like one, but that's all!
Spend your money on something proven and not some FleaBay garbage.

But hey, what do I know, I've only been building and tuning engines since I was 9 years old! and I'll be 44 this year!

WillysOverland

Reaction score
Just look at the price! $49.99!
Oh sure!
*********!
Made in China CRAP!
Go for it, waste your money and then tell us "How great" it really isn't!
Like I said, the statement that accompanies their product "It can increase 7-13 HP and 5-10 ft/lb of Torque"
"It can can!"???
Where is the proof?
But does it?
Show some facts!
Boy racer junk.
So you go for a "Red" filter! Big deal! That doesn't mean it is a K&N Filter! Might Look like one, but that's all!
Spend your money on something proven and not some FleaBay garbage.

But hey, what do I know, I've only been building and tuning engines since I was 9 years old! and I'll be 44 this year!

?

Settle down bud. Do you work for K&N?

Also, tubing is tubing. Its aluminum, steel, plastic...

But you know that, you've been working on engines for 35 years.

This is more of what I'm looking at gaining...2-5 hp/tq Max. .5-2 mpg Max.

If someone has one let me know. You can see that I did'nt reference anything they wrote.

Last edited:

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
?

Settle down bud. Do you work for K&N?

"Settle down bud"?

No, I don't work for K&N or any other company that sells real air filtration products.

But come on!

It's Flea Bay!

There are way too many "Fly by night outfits there that sell nothing but junk!
Money that can be better spent on or towards a better reputable product.

WillysOverland

Reaction score
"Settle down bud"?

No, I don't work for K&N or any other company that sells real air filtration products.

But come on!

It's Flea Bay!

There are way too many "Fly by night outfits there that sell nothing but junk!
Money that can be better spent on or towards a better reputable product.

I buy a lot on ebay. It was dyno proven that an ebay intake made more power than K&N intake on a ZX2. I know that its an entirely different situation with the Jeep, but it shows that a reputable company is not always the best.

So far, all Ive heard in this thread is that an Amsoil filter in the stock intake is the best you could ever do to the intake on a Liberty. :rolleyes:

flair1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So that proves that at cruising speeds this intake would be alright and would not be affected by engine temperatures.

I only wonder how the air would be affected by being pulled oppositely and "colliding" at the straight section and if that would impose its own restriction. I don't think it would though since the air is being sucked in. It might be worth it to try it and see what it does, harm performance or help it.

here is my set up along with LTTs grill intake piece for hopefully some added cool air directed towards the filter area..

You must be registered for see images

and btw the wireless thermometer was one of those that come with the atomic clocks you can buy for $40. they update the temp every 5 minutes. now if one could get a real wireless thermometer that is in continuous real time, that would be even better. i drove it at each speed for at least 30 minutes and some times more until i got the same reading twice.

try it and see if you get any difference.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
ZX2?
This forum is for Jeep Liberty's!
Not a Ford product!
Besides, Where is the proof that the said "Intake" that we are talking about has even been Dyno tested?
I didn't see anything in the Ebay product description... If you did, I'd like to see it.
Until then, total sales hype and total *********!
"It can increase 7-13 HP and 5-10 ft/lb of Torque"
Show me where the proof is and then I will "Settle down bud"!
Until then, stick with your ZX2!
Was that even made in America or was that Ford another FoMoCo product that came over from Germany?

WillysOverland

Reaction score
here is my set up along with LTTs grill intake piece for hopefully some added cool air directed towards the filter area..

and btw the wireless thermometer was one of those that come with the atomic clocks you can buy for $40. they update the temp every 5 minutes. now if one could get a real wireless thermometer that is in continuous real time, that would be even better. i drove it at each speed for at least 30 minutes and some times more until i got the same reading twice.

try it and see if you get any difference.

Do you feel like you need a bigger filter on that intake? When I thru mine on that was that size I felt it was too small.

I'm thinking I might sell some things around here that I don't need and putting the profit towards experimenting with this intake. Hell, if it doesn't work then it goes back on ebay. The listing also mentioned some sort of 30 day return policy too I think.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I buy a lot on ebay. It was dyno proven that an ebay intake made more power than K&N intake on a ZX2. I know that its an entirely different situation with the Jeep, but it shows that a reputable company is not always the best.

So far, all Ive heard in this thread is that an Amsoil filter in the stock intake is the best you could ever do to the intake on a Liberty. :rolleyes:
It's not the best but 100% better then what you want to buy,and it is proven,heck even the CRD guys are scooping up the 3.7 OEM airboxes for better flow for there diesels(and to keep the filter dry).

About chassis dyno results,they can be skewed very easy.And about flair1111 results it was on the end of the filter which was located behind the right headlamp and out of the hot air coming through the radiator and in front of the exhaust manifolds.Put that thermometer right on the valve body and you will see a drastic difference.

WillysOverland

Reaction score
ZX2?
This forum is for Jeep Liberty's!
Not a Ford product!
Besides, Where is the proof that the said "Intake" that we are talking about has even been Dyno tested?
I didn't see anything in the Ebay product description... If you did, I'd like to see it.
Until then, total sales hype and total *********!
"It can increase 7-13 HP and 5-10 ft/lb of Torque"
Show me where the proof is and then I will "Settle down bud"!
Until then, stick with your ZX2!
Was that even made in America or was that Ford another FoMoCo product that came over from Germany?

Made in Mexico my friend. It was your era that drove automakers out of the country though. :)

Also, would you let go of this "It can increase 7-13 HP and 5-10 ft/lb of Torque" and realize that I said "I expect no more than 5hp/tq gains with this intake"

In all reality I expect 2hp/tq gains. Thinking like a pessimist about this. :D

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Made in Mexico my friend. It was your era that drove automakers out of the country though. :)

Also, would you let go of this "It can increase 7-13 HP and 5-10 ft/lb of Torque" and realize that I said "I expect no more than 5hp/tq gains with this intake"

In all reality I expect 2hp/tq gains. Thinking like a pessimist about this. :D
Better be thing -7-13hp,-5-10ft/lbs loss with that setup.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score

Well then, I guess experience from other Kj owners speaks for itself!
"It was dyno proven that an ebay intake made more power than K&N intake on a ZX2" by who and where and when?
And like I said, this is a 3.7 liter V6 from Chrysler!
Not a German deigned and built Ford engine. I have nothing against the Ford engine, I like Ford products!
But we are all here for the 3.7 liter Jeep power plant and the 4 cylinder gas engine and Diesel variant. Not FoMoCo!

WillysOverland

Reaction score
Well then, I guess experience from other Kj owners speaks for itself!
"It was dyno proven that an ebay intake made more power than K&N intake on a ZX2" by who and where and when?
And like I said, this is a 3.7 liter V6 from Chrysler!
Not a German deigned and built Ford engine. I have nothing against the Ford engine, I like Ford products!
But we are all here for the 3.7 liter Jeep power plant and the 4 cylinder gas engine and Diesel variant. Not FoMoCo!

I looked for the Dyno sheets, but they have since been lost from the internet. You'll have to go on my word for that one. And I understand that this is a Jeep forum, It was merely a comparison of reputable company products.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.