Dual Electric Fan setup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

seabass1858

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What would be a good kit that I can just wire one solely into the AC and one on the coolant temp sensor. I was thinking dual High CFM fans but what is the best closest to direct fit electric fan kit.

lautinjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most people like the OEM fan out of a older Ford Taurus. It's a single, but the CFM's it pushes is much higher then most duals. It's also a 2 speed so wiring is a bit tricky, but keeps it quiet when not needed, and when on high it's still not that loud. I currently have a second fan from a PT cruiser I'm thinking of adding as a pusher.

lautinjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't realize any had a Clutch fan kinda cool I wondered why the pump had the mount for it. lol

lautinjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that explains alot. Had a guy come in with a Cherokee and over heating issue he had no clutch fan I told the guy I had never seen one with out a clutch fan, and he said the dealer told him it wasn't supposed to be there. Even had the shorud for it. I sold him the fan and no more overheating issue's, but maybe it wasn't supposed to be there. either way solved the guys problem.

The Taurus fan is the way to go. Easy to modifiy to fit and won't loose anything in cooling. Most people pull them from the scrap yard I'll try to find out what year vehicle it's from.

lautinjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DORMAN Part # 620133 Early 90's Ford Taurs I believe that's it. Rock auto has a pic I looked up 1994 taurus with a 3.0 OHV

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude that is an OLD write up
That club disbanned 5+ years ago
and that ZJ was parked several years before
the club broke up
But yes that fan is great

lautinjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude that is an OLD write up
That club disbanned 5+ years ago
and that ZJ was parked several years before
the club broke up
But yes that fan is great

I found that on a quick Google search there are many more out there.

seabass1858

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the HD cooler today but didnt do a 9in pusher. I was thinking about setting the low speed to come on all the time with the AC and the high speed to come on when the temp rises.

Last edited:

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried to add any pusher fans what so ever? Or is everything just speculation? Has anyone actually tried measuring for a pusher? Gonna have to do some cutting if you want to fit anything useful.

Anyone tried adding a fan behind the electric fan?