DRL light sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sogodoit

Reaction score
does anyone know where the daytime running light sensor is on a 05 liberty you know its the thingy that tells the bcm when its dark out side

VAhlene

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What trim do you have... Sport, Limited, Renegade ECT... I have an 06' Sport and do not have day time running lights nor do they come on by themselves when it gets dark out, I wish they did tho! Honestly didn't know any KJ's had offered this.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
No KJ's to my knowledge have auto headlights, the non American ones have DRLs though.

al7fi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I converted my 03 Liberty to have DRL . Once done, as soon as the engine was started, the high beam filament of the highlights came on at reduced voltage regardless of the headlight switch position. Pull up on parking brake lever 2 clicks and they would go off. Headlights worked as normal when the switch was turned on.
On the 03 there was a headlight relay and next to it a place for a DRL relay. Ordered the DRL relay from Rock Auto, removed the HL relay and plugged DRL relay n where indicated.
In order for the change to work however, the country code in the BCM (if I remember right) had to be change to a country that required DRL. I had mine changed to Canada. Went to dealer where I purchased the rig and got to speak with the tech that did diagnostics. He had never heard of it, but took his scan tool/DRB thingy out to my Jeep and made the change and they worked ever more. Figured out how to get them to work by reading troubleshooting section in FSM.
Later models only used 1 relay location as I understand , so just replacing and changing country code should do it.
No auto headlights on any of the KJs as far as I know at least stateside.

You want all that, try a KL. Just saying' you understand , and yes I have a KL Trail Hawk now.

I just like the folks on KJ Country so I visit it routinely!

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I converted my 03 Liberty to have DRL . Once done, as soon as the engine was started, the high beam filament of the highlights came on at reduced voltage regardless of the headlight switch position. Pull up on parking brake lever 2 clicks and they would go off. Headlights worked as normal when the switch was turned on.
On the 03 there was a headlight relay and next to it a place for a DRL relay. Ordered the DRL relay from Rock Auto, removed the HL relay and plugged DRL relay n where indicated.
In order for the change to work however, the country code in the BCM (if I remember right) had to be change to a country that required DRL. I had mine changed to Canada. Went to dealer where I purchased the rig and got to speak with the tech that did diagnostics. He had never heard of it, but took his scan tool/DRB thingy out to my Jeep and made the change and they worked ever more. Figured out how to get them to work by reading troubleshooting section in FSM.
Later models only used 1 relay location as I understand , so just replacing and changing country code should do it.
No auto headlights on any of the KJs as far as I know at least stateside.

You want all that, try a KL. Just saying' you understand , and yes I have a KL Trail Hawk now.

I just like the folks on KJ Country so I visit it routinely!

Seems like a lot of work just to have your headlights on during the day lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk