Doughnuts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Snowing in Md. today and I ran out to get the kids pizza. The parkig lot at the pizza place was pretty empy laugh.gif so i figred I'd do a doughnut or two.

I forgot about the traction control (Aeh) ........ Damn technology!

kjpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have traction control, & doughnuts are still not easy in my KJ. My '94 BMW is a hoot in slick lots, but I can't get the KJ to break loose for a full 360 either. I do have new BF Goodrich ATs, maybe that is enough traction control to ruin my fun! (whistle)

bfaas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i do donuts all the time in my kj just turn traction control off and rip that e-brake \:D/

kjpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bfaas said:
i do donuts all the time in my kj just turn traction control off and rip that e-brake \:D/

E-brake is cheating! [-X That's what the front wheel drive crowd has to do to make their car (fake) oversteer. RWD cars should be able to do it with the gas pedal alone. \:D/

Don't get me wrong, spinning like a top in an empty lot is gobs of fun no matter how you do it. (rotflmao)

2003KJ

Reaction score
throw it back in 2hi!

Always worked for me..never could get it to break lose in the snow....even with the ole crapyears on.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Good day,
Yes, donuts are good, especially the ones with the little sprinkles on top!

BTW... I am a front wheel drive nut(FWD), and you don't need a hand brake to induce "Fake" oversteer. Left foot braking and "Projection" will plant a FWD sideways on command, without having to take your hands off
the steering wheel!

I like doing donuts in reverse in a FWD! ;) Those are really special.

kjpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
socks said:
BTW... I am a front wheel drive nut(FWD), and you don't need a hand brake to induce "Fake" oversteer. Left foot braking and "Projection" will plant a FWD sideways on command, without having to take your hands off
the steering wheel!

OK, I should have said how most of the FWD crowd produces fake understeer! (whistle) Most people don't know how to drive with both feet. I personally would perfer to leave my left foot on the dead pedal for support in such a maneuver, & drive sideways with the accelerator, but that's just a preference. After 15 years of FWD cars, then switching to a modern RWD, I prefer RWD... a lot... in every situation \:D/ But again, personal preference.

But back to doughnuts- If in a FWD car, reverse would be the proper way to do them. & quite enjoyable.

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
kjpilot said:
socks said:
the steering wheel!

OK, I should have said how most of the FWD crowd produces fake understeer! (whistle) Most people don't know how to drive with both feet. I personally would perfer to leave my left foot on the dead pedal for support in such a maneuver, & drive sideways with the accelerator, but that's just a preference. After 15 years of FWD cars, then switching to a modern RWD, I prefer RWD... a lot... in every situation \:D/ But again, personal preference.

But back to doughnuts- If in a FWD car, reverse would be the proper way to do them. & quite enjoyable.

I prefer RWD as well, had FWD for a long time, and when I will say I would prefer a FWD in the snow any day over a RWD or 2WD vehicle. I used to throw winter treads on my FWD and go anywhere, the only limiting factor it seemed to have was ground clearance. But these days it's 4WD for me, and any future toys I may have will either be RWD or AWD. \:D/

kjpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thecause17 said:
I prefer RWD as well, had FWD for a long time, and when I will say I would prefer a FWD in the snow any day over a RWD or 2WD vehicle. I used to throw winter treads on my FWD and go anywhere, the only limiting factor it seemed to have was ground clearance. But these days it's 4WD for me, and any future toys I may have will either be RWD or AWD. \:D/

That is why I said "modern RWD". My BMW, with snow tires, traction control, & knowledge of how the gas pedal "steers" the RWD car, is unstoppable. Well, like you said- ground clearance is the key. As long as the snow is less than 10" deep, I'd rather take the BMW than the KJ! \:D/

Members online