double-sized dash for navigation possible?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iNsAiNoNe

Reaction score
has anyone seen someone try to install a double sized navigation system into a liberty yet? i'm tempted to try it (will need to do some mods to the trim)
but i was just wondering if anyone has seen someone who's done it already and can show me a link.

this is what i plan on putting in the jeep...
DDX6019 in-dash DVD player
KNA-G510 navigation system

VTNomad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nav

That's exactly the system I've been looking at. Yes, it is possible to install a double-DIN sized head unit into the dash. The only problem is you will have to make a new bezel to install around the radio. You could dremel the factory one, or custom make on from fiberglass. I talked with Circuit City about doing the install and they said a double din system would fit, but it would be the manager's descretion as to whether or not they could modify the bezel.

Here is a link to what someone has done already:

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=56347&highlight=liberty

No one has done a write up, or taken any detail pics, so if you do the install, let us see.

iNsAiNoNe

Reaction score
Re: Nav

I intend on doing a very detailed tutorial if i do this, but first i want to find another dash bezel so if i mess up its not that big of a deal. (if someone knows where i can get one of them please let me know, other then ebay, only one on ebay right now that i see)
here's another link to someone who modified their dash http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Jeep...tegoryZ43916QQihZ011QQitemZ320015162114QQrdZ1
(looks terrible in my opinion...carpet on the dash?) i plan on putting a carbon fiber sticker over top of any work i do to make it look stock. i think with some dremmeling, and maybe a little bondo this project won't be so hard, but time will tell. if someone knows of another material like bondo that might work better...please let me know

i probably won't start this project for at least a month, i have to wait for my stereo before i start working on this so i can fit it perfectly