double din installation kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ocelot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only DD bezel I've seen is kinda $pendy, and it seems the HU attaches to the bezel only and not to the inside of the dash.
Is the aftermarket bezel strong enough to support the weight of the HU, or does it sag/creak? I'd hate to recommend to my Dad to consider that option to get a decent rear view camera set-up.

ixianjeep

Reaction score
I've seen the one you are referring to as well and have the same concerns that the bezel might not be able to support the double din weight properly. Also don't like the fact that once you cut out the factory supports, you are stuck with it so if it sags...

Hopefully someone who has one can chime in.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
This doesn't address the question directly, but while looking at car alarms the past few weeks I have been also asking about double din radio installs. (Can't afford it right now, but hey - I was already in the place.) The guy told me that they fabbed their own bezels (modified the stock one, actually) and it was quite labor intensive. He was quite interested to hear of the ones being sold online.

Bottom line, if a pro car place thinks it will work it probably will. They wouldn't be charging people out the ***** to bondo one up if they knew the guy was going to come back and complain because the radio was falling out of the dash. There is also a guy on here (bmrwolf) who fabbed his own. I have seen it in person and it looks absolutely great. :)