Dome light?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ben03limited

Reaction score
Are the map lights in my information center supposed to come on when the dome lights come on? I can manually turn them on and if I turn them both on they are really dim and they shut off if door is opened. The floor lights come on. Also rear cargo light doesn't work. How do I get the cover off to check the bulb?

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Your EVIC or overhead console lights also push in for on and push again for off.
Same with rear cargo light.
Your 03 service manual here: Index of /manuals/Jeep/KJ
Disconnect neg batt terminal, and pry gently with trim tool or flat blade thin slot screwdriver.
see service manual, reading lamps, bulb replacement etc.

Ben03limited

Reaction score
Yes I stated that they will come on when pushed. But if you turn them both on they get really dim and was wondering if they are supposed to come on when door is open?

towpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
while your talking dome lights, I would like to setup my back one with a much brighter light. We shoot shotguns every Wednesday night and its getting dark now. Its hard to disassemble the Beretta's to put them away in that dim light.

Rsb563

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took an LED flood light bolted to.spring clamp and wired it to a cigarette plug with coiled wire and plug it into my rear lighter plug in the cargo area. Tons of light.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
The interior lights should come on when u open door, providing they are not turned off a turn signal stock.
I find having a flashlight is handy for rear cargo area, as it is not that bright.
This single AA is awesome, small and 3 levels of bright..
60282[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

But then again you can find re-chargeable big LED too, great for camping/picnic table illumination!
60284[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• g2wUs2G.jpg
    g2wUs2G.jpg
    436.3 KB · Views: 0
  • fS2UJSW.jpg
    fS2UJSW.jpg
    763 KB · Views: 0

Ben03limited

Reaction score
My foot well lights come on when door is opened. The overhead lights come on when you push them on but shut off when the door is opened.