Does anyone know how to replace FRONT SIDE MARKER LIGHT on R

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepGC

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to replace FRONT SIDE MARKER LIGHT on 2006 Jeep Liberty Renegade. I cant figure out how to get to the bulb.[/b]

icarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, it's very easy. There is a screw on the front of the plastic cover (signal light cover). Unscrew it and pull out the plastic cover from the bumper. There will be two harness wires going into the back of the cover. The wire on the outside is connected to the marker light. The inside wire is connected to the signal light. Simply grab the plastic end connected to the outside wire and twist and pull it from the cover. This will expose the wire and bulb. To remove the bulb just grab it and pull. Install is just the reverse.

You're lucky all you have to do is replace the bulb. Somehow mine got water inside the cover and caused a short circuit. I have to replace the wire connectors that hold the bulbs on both wires now.

JeepGC

Reaction score
Side Marker

Thank You for the reply. Actually the side marker light I am referring to is the one on the bottom side of the bumper. It is the small amber euro style light that is flush mounted just in front of the front wheels. There is no screws visible there.

Do you have any suggestions for this part. If so my wife will be gratefull since I cant figure it out.

Thank You

icarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have this marker light since mine is an 02. Nor does my repair manual have it because it is for 02 to 04 liberty's.

However, from looking at pictures it looks like you may have to do something like work inside the wheel housing and removing the cover from the rear of the light assembly. That's how you replace bulbs for the fog lamps on mine which are located on the lower part of the bumper.

JeepGC

Reaction score
Sounds like fun

Sounds like more than a 5 minute job:) THank you for your input.

Latest posts

Members online