DIY Jeep Mods You Have Done for $100 or Less....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

monkyfart13

JPOTM WINNER
Reaction score
My DIY List

This is my list of under $100 mods that I have done myself. Im relentless in my search for good deals on ebay or craigslist.. enjoy :)

1) Bought and Installed a Kidde Fire Extinguisher
You must be registered for see images attach

2) Removed my rear tire carrier and made a Hi-Lift Mount instead

3) Bought and installed a set of Mopar Tail Light Guards

4) Removed my Rear Sway Bar - Freebie :)

5) Swapped out the factory door hinge pins for a removable nut and bolt setup.. write up available on my cardomain page http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3389540/1

6) Bought and installed a set of Autopal 130w Offroad Lights... write up also available on my cardomain page

7) Installed my Cobra CB Radio in my glove box

8) Bought and Installed my Ballistic Fabrication Optima Battery Box

9) Cut my radio antenna down to 14"

10) Bought and Installed a Pair of Gryphon 7" LCD Headrest Monitors

11) Bought and Installed a pair of Alpine Type-R SPR-17c speakers in the rear

12) Bought and Installed a pair of Alpine Type-R SPR-17s speakers up front

boebr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a great idea boebr1 I'm always struggling to back up my utility trailer but can that lens easily come off of the window later without damaging the defroster?

One last thing, boebr1 that's not a trailer that's a wheelbarrow with tailights :D

Sorry I didn't answer earlier, yes, fully removable, no adhesive, it is a static cling. use the soapy water so you don't have air bubbles messing up your view. by using the soapy water, it will slide around really easy for a day or two til it dries

m_volyrakis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry I didn't answer earlier, yes, fully removable, no adhesive, it is a static cling. use the soapy water so you don't have air bubbles messing up your view. by using the soapy water, it will slide around really easy for a day or two til it dries

What happens when it dries? Can you easily remove it? does it leave any residue? can it be reused?

boebr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No residue. You can reuse it, just wash it with warm soapy water. Imagine just sticking a thick piece of plastic wrap to your glass... if you put a little drop of dish soap in a spray bottle of water, spray that on your glass. Put the lens where you want it, hold it in place while you use your drivers license to squeegee the air bubbles out from under it. Wipe up excess with paper towels. It'll dry in a couple days then you can use glass cleaner and clean everything up without fear of sliding it around. When you want to take it off, just hook it with your fingernail and Peel it off. Wash the glass with glass cleaner wash the lens with soapy water. It basically sticks on like a suction cup.

Bulli

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Monkeyfart13, good looking kj. Where did you get the stereo surround to fit a normal single din stereo?
Mind if i ask you for the part number of the mopar tail light guards?

I did a lift for R650. if you convert it direct it comes out to more or less $90.

Sold my 245/70/16 bfg a/t's and bought 4 new 15'' wheels and took over a set of 31/10.5/15 bfg a/t's from a friend and paid in $100, R700.

candpliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I built a custom GPS mount from a goose neck lamp that broke, part of a vent mount that kept falling off in a spirited turn, and some metal.

I found the goose neck wasn't strong enough to support the nuvi 650 so I but a solid 10 guage wire up inside. It still wasn't enough so I used a rubberized wire clamp attached to the dash.
The power source is hard wired into the on al the time dash power outlet with an toggle switch in the dash to shut it off. This way I can charge phones, etc without the key being on.

Last edited:

ndz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
replaced stock shifter knob with a red snooker ball... then bedlinered it!

ndz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And painted the bezel around the deck red. I could not stand the fugly grey that didnt seem to match any of the other fugly grey interior.

Aaron2345

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday. Sun the 23rd... installed OPTIMA red top I already had. Kinda freebie lol. Bought and installed cobra 25ltd cb basically brand new $30 ! Rear tow hook $30 and a real tree steeringwheel cover.$12 all that for less that 100 (gimme a break on the battery lol)

92fox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Subscribed...good ideas I've seen and will be doing to my new-to-me 2007 soon. Mainly the rear cargo area cover.

Adrian006

Reaction score
Rear cargo shelf
Desk top(1" fiberboard) found online - free
Dowel + hardware - 5$
Bedliner - 9$
Fire extinguisher found online - 5$
White "accent" spray paint - free

Adrian006

Reaction score

Made it look stealth.
used some old window tint I had laying around,
and water with a pinch of dish soap
so pretty much a free mod(for me)

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Flowmaster was $100
http://youtu.be/Rqqr5WAC-CQ

Spray paint the rims cost $20

Paint the entire under carriage cost $10 for a quart of paint and a brush

Big three electrical up grade used some left over 4ga practically free

Free decal stickers anytime you buy something

Like the flowmaster came with a bunch of stickers tire rack sent me stickers too so freebies

Plasti dip is cheap can flat black anything i hit the gas tank flapper thing looks cool