*DING!* Oil change!! *DING!* Oil change!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I'm still trying to figure out how Chrysler is "broke". With $5B in the bank, spending money like mad without seeming to hurt their pockets, and projected to at least break even in 2010, and return to profitability in 2011, how are they exactly broke?

I'm nowhere near worried about Chrysler's bank account, especially with Marchionne involved. At least he's no Minimum Bob (Nardelli).

Would YOU pay for someone else's negligence? I dang sure wouldn't!

Last edited:

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm still trying to figure out how Chrysler is "broke". With $5B in the bank, spending money like mad without seeming to hurt their pockets, and projected to at least break even in 2010, and return to profitability in 2011, how are they exactly broke?

I'm nowhere near worried about Chrysler's bank account, especially with Marchionne involved. At least he's no Minimum Bob (Nardelli).

Would YOU pay for someone else's negligence? I dang sure wouldn't!

Unfunded liabilities?

Also, who expects them to break even in 2010 and return to profitability in 2011? If the company expects itself to break even in 2010 that should be taken with a grain of salt. However, if outside analysts expect them to break even in 2010, that would carry more weight.

I'm not saying they won't break even, but the economy is doing pretty much of nothing that government has been telling us it's going to do. Unemployment is way above what it was supposed to be with the "stimulus". Latest March figures show 'unexpected employment drop'... the only employment sector that's up is... you guessed it, Government. 200,000 temporary Census employees hired.

My point is, all the car manufacturers are going to have trouble if people don't start getting back to work and I wouldn't be surprised if all the car companies are in for at least two more years of depressed sales.

But, it's economics, and if we know anything about what the economy's going to do, it comes down to this:

The economy will either go down, go up, or stay the same. Your guess is as good as mine.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Outside analysts predicted Chrysler's death by now, and others said Chrysler should have died years ago. Several times. Someone else just predicted their death recently.

Anything THEY say I take with a grain of salt.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Outside analysts predicted Chrysler's death by now, and others said Chrysler should have died years ago. Several times. Someone else just predicted their death recently.

Anything THEY say I take with a grain of salt.

It's probable they would have died without $6.6 billion in Federal financing. The outside analysts were probably spot on, but weren't counting on massive subsidies and a 'forgiven' $4 billion bridge loan from Uncle Sam.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
This article here was written after the loan

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.co...spx?post=1731316&_blg=1,1731316&ucpg=2#uc2Lst

And these "analysts" are still predicting Chrysler's death.

Money or not they're STILL saying Chrysler's going to die.

This is my point.

And these analysts are idiots.

Fiat did NOT BUY CHRYSLER.

Geez, for the last friggin time...

BACK TO OIL CHANGES (before I get the ban threat again...)

Did you ever resolve your issue talleybird?

Last edited:

talleybird_kk

Reaction score
This article here was written after the loan

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.co...spx?post=1731316&_blg=1,1731316&ucpg=2#uc2Lst

And these "analysts" are still predicting Chrysler's death.

Money or not they're STILL saying Chrysler's going to die.

This is my point.

And these analysts are idiots.

Fiat did NOT BUY CHRYSLER.

Geez, for the last friggin time...

BACK TO OIL CHANGES (before I get the ban threat again...)

Did you ever resolve your issue talleybird?
Yes, I did Marlon ....thanks!!! Y'all are crazy!!