DIN mountable Scanner question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squid27WFD3

Reaction score
I currently have a handeld scanner that is mounted on a ram mount. I recently picked a Radio Shack pro 163 base It comes with a removeable case to make it din mountable. If i remove the factory radio for a aftermarket will a double din work for me without a lot of cutting and fab work ?
You must be registered for see images attach

Thanks
Dan

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been talked about before...lost of cutting of the dash and trim. The factory radio is 1.5 din

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Squid27WFD3

Reaction score
I didnt see any posts on it. I had a hell of a time getting one in my dakota I didn't want a repete that was a 1.5 din and we made it a 2 by removing a lot of plastic

JLRockies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The search function is hard.

But seriously, get the scanner app for your iPhone and connect it through the deck aux input... done.

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The search function is hard.

But seriously, get the scanner app for your iPhone and connect it through the deck aux input... done.

IME the scanner app only works if its streaming station....ie try to find Liberty County EMS (texas) on those apps...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Squid27WFD3

Reaction score
A streaming app doesn't work for me no place near me has a live stream.

I might have to pick an different place to mount. If I had the extra cash laying around id buy a home patrol and use that it is the size of a gps head ive picked up a few of them for other fire fighters.