differential gear change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jsjjamessiler

Reaction score
Hey there, I'm fairly new to the forum have responded to two threads and have been reading a lot. Now I have a question I didn't find an answer to, and it will be an opinion question. I currently have the euro tc in the trans, the Eco trans tune AMD the gde hot tune on my crd, I've got an ome lift on order and I have also got arb lockers on order as well. While the diff is opened to put the lockers in I want to install a new ring and pinion set, my question is, should I go up, numerically, in gearing for better torque on the ground (I already have the gde tune 364 lb ft) or should I go down, numerically, for better mileage. I know bigger tires will do the same thing as going down numerically, and yes I am puttingnbigger tires on, maybe 35's probably 33's. I'm debating between 2.71 and 4.10. I do plan on using it as a daily driver, but I also want to be able to compete off road. If you have a different opinion, like splitting the difference and staying stock ratio, or another opinion I am open to it, please include your reasoning if you have another opinion. I will entertain all opinions, but I do still want to drive it on the highway, so 6.5 will not happen and 5.5 is about the highest I will consider unless you can provide some really good compelling argument for a different ratio. I am an engineering student and I know how to carry out the math for gearing and tire size to find the final ratio. What I'm actually concerned with is performance is 2.71 too low or will the torque make up for it, moan included and Rubicon, and other such trails, or will I really need the extra gearing advantage of the 4.11 for those trails, also if you don't mind, what are you running in yours, gearing tires and if you have it a torque figure would be nice for comparison. Think you in advance and sorry for all the wording and the long drawn out explanation and text.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.