Detailing Questions...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't see a 'Detailing' section on this board, so I'm posting here.

What does everyone use on the Sport's unpainted fenders to keep them looking good besides armor-all type products, which are dust and dirt magnets?

On the Sport, short of installing lights in the holes on the front grill, are there any kind of plates or plugs to cover the unsightly holes?

Thanks for your inputs.

2003KJ

Reaction score
We need a detailing section bad...*COUGH* BENNETT!!! *COUGH*

As for the sport trim on mine, I use the black magic tire shine foam....the very same stuff I use on the tires.

I spray a moderate layer on all the tires, give it about 5-10 minutes, then take a damp sponge with some of the foam on it (so it has a chance to soak in on the sponge first) and go over all the tires, working in all the tire shine (this helps cut WAY back on the amount that slings up when you first drive it). Then I take that same sponge and go over all the plastic trim when needed. Sometimes i'll spray a small amount on the bigger pieces. I've found this to be the cheapest way to get the color back.

Diggin the color of your KJ too! \:D/

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
2003KJ said:
We need a detailing section bad...*COUGH* BENNETT!!! *COUGH* \:D/

Agree 100%

And I nominate "The Jeepster" as our official Detailing Guru. Did you see the pic's of his "wax job"??? I had to put my shades on to view it because the sun was bouncing off his hood and coming through my monitor..............................

Dave

2003KJ

Reaction score
Dave said:
2003KJ said:
We need a detailing section bad...*COUGH* BENNETT!!! *COUGH* \:D/

Agree 100%

And I nominate "The Jeepster" as our official Detailing Guru. Did you see the pic's of his "wax job"??? I had to put my shades on to view it because the sun was bouncing off his hood and coming through my monitor..............................

Dave

Ask and you shall receive! Moving this over to the new detailing section...

especko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
on sport fenders i would use meguiars all season dressing. its pretty durable and holds up to water fairly decent. it will also help make the fenders shine.

saabsaviur

Reaction score
I do the same as mention above, with extreme tire shine spry, i spray it on a rag and go all over, it lasts a while, not terrible shiny if used on a rag and not a dust magnet like armor all, as a self declared pr auto detailer i hate armor all, i do use it though for spraying undercarrieges and fenderwells cause its cheap and you can dillute it with water

Latest posts

Members online