DC's disclaimer on modified vehicles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I was wandering through the Jeep site and read a story called "An Engineer and his Liberty". It also includes a photo of the guys Jeep.

Well at the bottom right corner of the write up there is a faded section that read this:
Any modification or alterations to Jeep® vehicles could seriously affect their roadworthiness and safety and may lead to an accident resulting in serious injury or death. Modifications to Jeep vehicles should only be made by professional mechanics. The Jeep Brand and/or DaimlerChrysler Corporation is not responsible for any modifications that change the handling and driving characteristics of the vehicles. Only trained professional drivers who are aware of off-road dangers should attempt the driving situations shown here.

I just thought it was funny, especially displaying what they say a "stock" vehicle was doing.

PICTURE:
You must be registered for see images

ARTICLE:
http://www.jeep.com/stories/index.html?activity=engineer

NOT SURE TO TOW THAT HEAVY TRAILER? TRY TOWING A SEMI-TRUCK:
http://www.jeep.com/stories/index.html?activity=engineer

DougBenn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Semi towing story sounds like a load of crap. Quite honestly it's embarassing to have it on the Jeep site seing as how unbelievable it is.

Now they could have used my, "I took my Liberty to the Moon" story and been just fine....... (whistle)

n3qik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will call BS on the semi story also. I tried to pull an empty rollback out of a ditch with me being on pavement. The tires just spuned and made rutts in the pavment.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
n3qik said:
I will call BS on the semi story also. I tried to pull an empty rollback out of a ditch with me being on pavement. The tires just spuned and made rutts in the pavment.

In the pavment? That would be crazy. I believe the semi story before I believe your libby made rutts in blacktop? :^o

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good thing you wern't on dirt...............you would have ended up in China.............

2003KJ

Reaction score
I believe that guy is also a member of lost. Seems like I remember a topic not too long ago about his picture.

n3qik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
In the pavment? That would be crazy. I believe the semi story before I believe your libby made rutts in blacktop? :^o

I had at the time a 3/4 Ton Chevy with BF Goodrich Mud Terrine tires. Rutts maybe not, but did take some of the top layer blacktop off. But the point is I had ideal traction and could not move a empty rollback, I guess it had to be 14-18K LBS. Now to claim to move a tractor trailer, 30-80K LBS, up hill and in snow, NOT!!!

DougBenn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, well my Liberty pulled this....
You must be registered for see images

up Pikes Peak when the Truck hauling it broke down at the bottom! Then I gave him a jump start to boot!

Latest posts

Members online