DAVE!!! (And other upstate NY'ers)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clyde Frog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dave, how far from Oneonta/Cooperstown are you? I looked in the Northeast section for some trails but didn't find that much info. And, I'm not brave enough to go any alone :p

I'll be in Oneonta on Arnold Lake the weekend of the 24th. Probably the 22nd - 27th. Interested in taking me to get the Libby dirty? I don't mind driving closer to you if you're farther out.

Anyone else is more than welcome to chime in as well!

Also, I'm not lifted and I don't have the manliest of tires. I've got snow tires, that's all. But I do have my skids and two tow hooks in the front and rear.

Last edited:

richar43

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clyde,
I live about 1hr from oneonta/ cooperstown area, and my be interested in coming along, however I fortanately do not have any front hooks ect, but it is lifted, I'll see what is going on, and may be able to join.

JeepOwner07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
7 hours for me, to cooperstown =(

still might be interested, i do want to get the libby dirty at least once haha

Clyde Frog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a haul! Coming from Worcester, MA, it takes us about 3-4 hours to get to the Cooperstown/Oneonta area.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dave, how far from Oneonta/Cooperstown are you? I looked in the Northeast section for some trails but didn't find that much info. And, I'm not brave enough to go any alone :p

I'll be in Oneonta on Arnold Lake the weekend of the 24th. Probably the 22nd - 27th. Interested in taking me to get the Libby dirty? I don't mind driving closer to you if you're farther out.

Anyone else is more than welcome to chime in as well!

Also, I'm not lifted and I don't have the manliest of tires. I've got snow tires, that's all. But I do have my skids and two tow hooks in the front and rear.

I don't know that area CF. It's probably about 120 miles from where I am. I am about 60-70 miles from the Mass border. (it takes me an hour to get to the Lee Outlets in Lee Mass) Oneonta is west of me. I will do some checking and see if I can find anything around Oneonta. I will let you know and we can swap cell# and meet somewhere.

Maybe someone elce on here knows the area and we can get a run together?? ............:D

Dave

Clyde Frog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's right near Cooperstown and is about 120 miles from Lee, MA so it sounds like you're smack in the middle. We take 90 to 87 to 88 to get there. If there's stuff near you that you know about, I could always head that way one day.

Oneonta is almost directly in the middle between Schenectady and Binghamton on 88.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
CF, I didn't forget about you. I found a place right near Cobleskill Exit 22 off of I-88. . Little rinky dink town in the boonies. Many farms, few houses. NYS land and legal. A bunch of dirt "roads" through the forrest and mountain. I have to dredge up the name of the place. I was there once a while back. Is that anywhere near where you will be?????? If so, I will get more info and let you know. We could meet up at exit 22 off I-88 (rte # 145 to Middleburgh). About 140 miles from me. Easily doable.

I wonder if anyone here is familiar with the area and would want to meet up?

Cell phones will work around I-88 but I think they go dead in the mountains. Do you have a CB (or a pair of FRF radios that I could borrow one) for when we get up there? FRF are still on my list of stuff to get. I have a CB.

Let me know what you think. Do you want to make a run there?

Dave

Clyde Frog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's definitely doable. I'm actually surfing the web for good trail gear (recovery stuff, radio, etc) right now so that'll put a fire under my ass to get a CB.

Will this work or is there something specific I should be looking for? Not familiar with CB specs.
Link

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
CF, you got a PM.