Dash Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
My dash lights went out a couple of days ago. Just the dash lights. They didn't flicker. The odometer mileage stayed on and It was a pain as I couldn't tell how fast I was going. I traced it to #9 fuse that was blown and replaced it - 10 amp red fuse. According to the owners manual this fuse is for - "right park light/right tail lamp/licence plate lamp/CLUSTER".

So today it is blown again and I changed it again and am now wondering what might be causing this. I did a search on here and there was something about flickering but it didn't do that so I was wondering??? Anyone got any ideas?? possibly a ground that just affects that one fuse??

I just turned 19,000 miles so if it does it again I guess I could bring it to the dealer as it should be covered on the 3/36 warrenty?

Thanks for any input.
Dave

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Something like this happened to my mom on her vehicle.

It was the alternator... As soon as you replace the fuse, it would just blow again.

myjeepwalks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a short somwhere. That should be warranty as long as you're not out by time. Did you modify or install any new electrical items on that circuit?

A loose ground shouldn't cause the fuse to blow unless its shorting to power somewhere.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a short somwhere. That should be warranty as long as you're not out by time. Did you modify or install any new electrical items on that circuit?

A loose ground shouldn't cause the fuse to blow unless its shorting to power somewhere.

I wanted to wait a while to see if it would happen again. It's been over 2 months since it happened. It hasn't happened since. Strange. But I'm not complaining.

Nothing aftermarked has been installed except an electric trailer brake controller but that was done when the Jeep was new in 05 and the blown fuse was a year and a half later. It is still in warrenty until 7/08 unless I exceed the 36,000 first.

Dave