damn door rattle!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

themadness

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my rear passenger door now officially has the most annoying rattle ever. i heard tonight when i was closing the door. so i check the panel and sure enough it is loose at the bottom. so i pop it off a little to give it a check and a broken tab falls out. after running to napa to get tabs, which were the wrong size, a little further inspection reveals it wasnt the tab in the first place. it sounds like it is coming from right behind the door pull. it sounds totally different from all the other doors when they close.

any ideas what it might be before i take the whole damn door apart?

birdtail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont know what it is for sure, but I have the same rattle BUT...

both of my rear regulators have gone out. as soon as my regulator busts, my door rattles. I got one fixed and the rattle is gone- My other side still needs to be fixed and still rattles.

themadness

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that makes sense then because that window has a shot regulator. time to take the door apart.

edit: do the replacement clips look EXACTLY like the originals? the closest thing napa had eneded up being too short.

Last edited:

themadness

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good call on the window regulator making racket. the arm that kinda looks like a pipe cleaner came loose and was slamming around in side the door. gorilla taped it to the wall of the door. presto no more rattle. it aint perfect of course but it sounds a helluva lot better.