CRD F37 Update??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StarDreamers.us

Reaction score
Since my F37 flash upgrade?? My mpg has gone into the trash. I had my 05 CRD Sport in to the dealers to check on milage yesterday. They had a note from Jeep that said they have not heard of any problems related to mpg after the flash and they do not have a solution. I am down to 15-16 city and 17-18 highway at 55mph. Before the flash I was getting close to 31+ highway. I do not drive fast and have owned diesels for 35+ years. My 1987 MB 190TD got at least 37 mpg. My VW got 53 +. So what gives with the kj?

It appears to me that the Jeep folks need to hear from us if you are having a problem. MPG is important to me! Anyone else? I have 33,000 miles on the kj.

Any ideas on contacting Jeep or am I the only one having a problem? Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. I have done all the things that need cleaned and filters changed.

Thanks!

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Wow. ANOTHER complaint of crap MPG after F37. I guess I was the ONLY ONE to notice a MPG gain after F37? (Which is the main reason why I LIKED F37!)

Pablo

Reaction score
I have heard those that drive around town get worse, but that is way low. Is it possible that your EGR or EGR flow control valve are on the way out? If they went around the same time, they would cause you to get either really good mileage or really bad (depending on if they stuck open or closed). A bad torque converter/transmission that never locks up will cause crappy mileage, especially highway. Another thought, do you switch overdrive off when doing 50ish? If you set the cruise or pop off overdrive you will get better MPG as the torque converter will go into full lockup.

I deep sixed the Toys-R-Us torque converter they put in at F37 and did the Suncoast, I am not sure if that would help you or not. I am currently averaging 26mpg mixed (lifted, with armor, 245/75/16 tires and other goodies). I drive about 75 on the highway and up to 40 inbetween lights (60% highway, 40% city)

I assume you have cleaned the MAP filter? That will totally screw up your mileage.