CrankShaft Position Sensor. 2007 Liberty 3.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BrendenKJ

Reaction score
Has one done a crank shaft sensor on a 2007 Liberty? Is it as easy as it looks. What are the chances it will snap off inside the oil pan like the shop told me it could? Do it my self or take it to a shop?

Reaction score
Do it yourself. If you're careful and dont beat it around you'll be fine. MOPAR sensor all the way though, some aftermarkets can cause incorrect reading issues, for some reason this jeep is picky with some of its sensors.

BrendenKJ

Reaction score
Alright so. Bought the new sensor. Went to pull the old sensor and the head it snapped off. Now I’m not really sure how to go about removing the other half of the sensor...
Every part of me wants to drill a hole into it like a bolt but I don’t think that’s a good idea... any advice.

Duster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have run issues but no codes, so I was reading in the service manual on the crank position sensor. Then came back here, ran a search on it to see what I could dig up and came across this.

Of course I said oh boy when I saw this!

I never would of dreamed this would be an issue. So what happens? The tip breaks off when you go to pull it out because the o-ring seal is stuck or something? Did you manage to get it out? If so, how?

I have no codes but was considering changing the crankshaft sensor or the camshaft sensor. Now I'm afraid to touch it.

Was just reading further but instead on the cam position sensor and ran across a post where someone said they replaced both and the crank one snapped off. Used a screw and some hours to fish it out. Ugg!

Wonder if pre-treating with penetrating oil would help? Grit/grime, weakened plastic, stubborn oring seal sort of thing?
Mine has almost 240k... might make for a very bad day.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online