Cooper discoverer stt??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey,
I was thinkning about runing these tires and one ever run them? If so any Pro`s or Con`s?

Matt

I have seen them on a few rigs
seem to do good out on the trail
I plan to run them on the TJ as the next set of tires ,got to trash the swampers first

what size you looking at?
they run the same as the BFG MT as far as size goes and seeing that you have the rustys lift you may have issues fitting them on 15" rims
even the 30 X 9.5's will rub with a Rustys spring lift and soft 8's after a few trail rides unless you do a clevis lift at the same time as the spring lift
better to sell the steelies and use the OE wheel with a 245/75
just as tall as the 31 but less rub issues on the OE wheel

Just my thoughts

Eastcoastpowerhouse

Reaction score
I have seen them on a few rigs
seem to do good out on the trail
I plan to run them on the TJ as the next set of tires ,got to trash the swampers first

what size you looking at?
they run the same as the BFG MT as far as size goes and seeing that you have the rustys lift you may have issues fitting them on 15" rims
even the 30 X 9.5's will rub with a Rustys spring lift and soft 8's after a few trail rides unless you do a clevis lift at the same time as the spring lift
better to sell the steelies and use the OE wheel with a 245/75
just as tall as the 31 but less rub issues on the OE wheel

Just my thoughts

Hey,

I was lookin at the 30x9.5x15. I am gunna go ahead and do the clevis with my lift any way just never added it to the list yet lol. the OD the the 30x9.5 is 29.7 so it falls a little short. i am not really trying to run the oe rims but there is that option. i just want some thing to fill the gap in the wheel well. do you think the 30x9.5 will help that much or should i go with a different tire and try to push a true 30 ?

Matt

ripper42

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i running the stt 245-75-16 they are amazing tires they work well on the streets and off road just some of the best tires i have ever had. cons being a mt they are loud on the street and the cooper will dig till they find hard ground that can be good and bad.

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I was lookin at the 30x9.5x15. I am gunna go ahead and do the clevis with my lift any way just never added it to the list yet lol. the OD the the 30x9.5 is 29.7 so it falls a little short. i am not really trying to run the oe rims but there is that option. i just want some thing to fill the gap in the wheel well. do you think the 30x9.5 will help that much or should i go with a different tire and try to push a true 30 ?

Matt

.3" will not even be seen
you will see a difference from 30-31 and from 225/75 to 245/75
even 245/70 to 245/75 is noticeable

The problem comes when you push the outside of the tire out over 2" with those rims it changes the track width and thus changes where the edge of the tire falls when you turn and flex up and down
the OE rim keeps the tire more inside the wheel well and thus giving it a little more room to move

I just think that the black steelies are more of a
"Keeping up with the Jones's" or "Jumping off a bridge with your friends"
so I have not and will not put them on the KJ to many issues and not enough pay back

Eastcoastpowerhouse

Reaction score
Hey,

yea i starting to see the " me too " trend with the rims so i hear you on that. but i all ready had them so why not throw em on is what i say. but they seem to be giveing me some issues so the oem is always there. but thanks for the info.

Matt

En4cr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the STTs. Had them on my F250 and really IMO give a great "bang for the buck". I had the 305s on my F250 and I paid $150 each new at the local tire place...

icarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey,

Matt

Here is another option for you 15 inchers -- > http://www.intercotire.com/site29.php
This tire comes in a 31x9.50R15LT size.