****** cooler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

battersby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 04 with the cooling pack I am getting ready to do a lot a beach running I have had no trubl with the grans so fare in getting ready to put a new deep pan on her. Shod I put a nother ****** cooler on her with the factory cooler or will it b ok? I have ordered a shift kit from trans go to help with the sisy shifts.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your '04 only has a stand alone trans cooler.For better cooling of the trans swap in a '02 radiator(direct bolt in) and run the trans cooler lines through the in-radiator trans cooler 1st then to the OE stand alone,then back to the trans.The best cooling setup for your trans,more so if your going to play in the sand.

battersby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 24,000 gvw ****** cooler off my old bronco that I was thinking of putting in line with the factory cooler. Wood that work or to to big in the winter

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 24,000 gvw ****** cooler off my old bronco that I was thinking of putting in line with the factory cooler. Wood that work or to to big in the winter
Kinda pointless to have 2 stand alone trans coolers.The in-radiator cooler will get the trans up to operating temps faster and control temp spikes where a stand alone cooler can not do either.

Yes you will over cool the trans and once you are going slow enough,or stopped,it will not be able to handle the temp spike that will follow in the trans fluid.

battersby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have upgraded the radiater with a custom all aluminum 3 core so replacing it is of going to happen. all so I have a evaperater from work I was thinking of using its 6x6x12 inch I was going to use coil valves to turn the big cooler on and off with a t stat