Coolant in oil......Need help/advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
Marlon_JBT said:
7/100, not 10/100.

Are you sure? One of my friends use to have an 02 and always told me it was 10yr/100k powertrain? He may of been wrong, Idk?

I know its 7yr/70k powertrain on mine, which is an 04.
100.9% sure. 10/100 is the korean vehicle warranty.

mudtrackerinc

Reaction score
For another update, I stopped at a shop today and asked about the whole timing cover and how it was related to the head and the previous problems, they printed out the exact instructions on how the head should have been changed, which means that the dealer had removed my timing cover twice, deductible waived.

One small victory. I think they were a little worried that I had the actual smarts to think of getting someone to get those for me, ecspecially after they tried to tell me they didn't touch it when they did the head. What idiots.

mudtrackerinc

Reaction score
Did not even have the thing back a week, last night while 2 1/2 hours away from home I decided to check the fluids, imagine that, no coolant, put some in it, drove home and checked again, no coolant, it's in the oil again. Took it back to the dealer this morning and handed them both sets of keys.

At this point with so much coolant to have been in this engine, that they won't replace I don't want it back, but now they are trying to screw me on that. Anyone have any ideas about what they should or have to do as far as used vehicle goes?

Thanks!

Emoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These things vary from state to state. Your state attorney general's office will know.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mudtrackerinc said:
Did not even have the thing back a week, last night while 2 1/2 hours away from home I decided to check the fluids, imagine that, no coolant, put some in it, drove home and checked again, no coolant, it's in the oil again. Took it back to the dealer this morning and handed them both sets of keys.

At this point with so much coolant to have been in this engine, that they won't replace I don't want it back, but now they are trying to screw me on that. Anyone have any ideas about what they should or have to do as far as used vehicle goes?

Thanks!

Wow, cannot wait to see what comes of this? Maybe they will try to fix it this time.. Tell them it could be a leaky seal on the rear diff? [-(

mudtrackerinc

Reaction score
They have now removed both heads and sent them to the local machine shop for diagnosis. My thought, they are crap, replace the engine and give me my blame Jeep back.

The dealer "tried" to work with me as far as trading, by the way of me going $5000 in the hole, I said I don't think so you sold me the POS now make it right. It looks as though if they don't replace the whole engine, it will be an 06 Wrangler.

2003KJ

Reaction score
Sending the heads off for diagnosis isn't gonna do any good....that engine's toast...and i'm quite surprised it's lasted this long and it still running.

You've got to be getting some crappy oil pressure too....has the oil light come on lately?

This is definately a first for me on the KJ 3.7....gotta be a fluke.

You say it has 50K on the clock now....how many miles were on it when you got it?

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2003KJ said:
Sending the heads off for diagnosis isn't gonna do any good....that engine's toast...and i'm quite surprised it's lasted this long and it still running.

You've got to be getting some crappy oil pressure too....has the oil light come on lately?

This is definately a first for me on the KJ 3.7....gotta be a fluke.

You say it has 50K on the clock now....how many miles were on it when you got it?

Yea, as many boards as I read on, I would say this is a bad head or block.

My dads ford went through 6 or so flywheels untill they replaced the entire ******. I guess it had a bad bell housing or something..

mudtrackerinc

Reaction score
I tried to tell them to just replace the blame engine all together, but nope, can't listen to a girl! I bought it with 45,222 on it and it was just getting ready to roll 50G when I pulled it into the shop Monday. It was running, although I can't say how much longer it would have gone, the belts where squealing like a pig as I pulled into their lot.

I love the Liberty, I hate the problems with it, I realize though that mine is probably the oddball, but why me?

especko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mudtrackerinc said:
I tried to tell them to just replace the blame engine all together, but nope, can't listen to a girl! I bought it with 45,222 on it and it was just getting ready to roll 50G when I pulled it into the shop Monday. It was running, although I can't say how much longer it would have gone, the belts where squealing like a pig as I pulled into their lot.

I love the Liberty, I hate the problems with it, I realize though that mine is probably the oddball, but why me?

could be some improper maintaining of the liberty before you got it? At the jeep dealer i used to work at we had a liberty come in for a new motor (3.7) because the owner didnt change the oil for damn near 30k mi, i think the liberty had close to 40k on it when it came into the shop.

mudtrackerinc

Reaction score
They had pulled all the service records on it before for me, it did show where the oil had been changed, I just don't know how many times the oil had been changed.

We tried to talk to them today, I find a Wrangler I wanted, but they didn't want to give me back enough on the Liberty to make it worth my while. I guess right now it's a waiting game.