Conduit Lift or Level Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DJSKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking at adding to my OME setup. Since the Budget Boost is a no-go I am looking at a conduit lift. How much lift can I get out of this? From what I read 3/8" seems about it. However, it does seem fairly easy to do. How many of these nuts do I put in?
Since I have installed my OME springs it has sagged about 1". Seems I could add 1.5" level kit?
I just want to raise the front end.

DJ

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
3 conduit nuts are 3/8 of an inch thick
so that will give you double that amount of lift
so about 3/4 of an inch

DJSKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't understand how 3 at 3/8" will give me 3/4" of lift? Can I put in 4? From what I have read it seems a fairly simple procedure, no?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
The way a IFS front suspension is designed everything you add is doubled. so add 1/4 inch get 1/2 inch of lift
You can add 4 but remember you are pulling the shock up out of the clevis more then.
So while you can most just do 3 to be on the safe side
You could always add a top plate 1/4 inch from JBA or 3/8 inch one from Boiler
I like to do lifts with a 1/4 inch top plate, 3/8 inch clevis, two extra top iso's in the rear with OME 927/948s and when broke in its level and looks good

DJSKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All right then three it is. I already picked up 6 at Lowes. Seems like a simple procedure; undo the clevis nut, pry it down and slide the rings in. Anything else? I plan to do it this weekend.
Thanks.

DJ

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
You know they do not actually hold anything they are more for measurement purposes than anything So you could just loosen the clevis, measure before, slide it down remeasure and tighten good

JeepinJarhead03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey.. that's good info... taping the conduit nuts together with electrical tape keeps them together and aligned nice and purty during install :p

no idea what Ry and Jenn's goin on aboot :p

DJSKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am trying to pry the clevis down, no luck. Any tricks to this? I saw a post with someone using a sizzor jack?

JeepinJarhead03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the slot in the clevis where the bolt went through, gently pry that apart, not much, but just enough to loosen the clevis' grip around the bottom of the shock can

a fat head flat screw driver will work

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am trying to pry the clevis down, no luck. Any tricks to this? I saw a post with someone using a sizzor jack?

Put the bolt in backwards as in take it out and put it through the other side. Tighten it just slightly and it will pry the clevis apart. Then you can do your leveling.

DJSKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am using a crow bar to try to pry the clevis down and it is not moving. I have the jack stand under the body. Should the jack stand be placed under the lower control arm? Damm it! THis sounds very easy, I must be doing something wrong.

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sometimes u need to use a long 2x4 or something to pry the lower control arm down. Mine isn't that flexible at all and I had to do this when I lifted initially.