Colorado Kjeeper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denlevi

Reaction score
Hello from Northern Colorado, new to these forums.

I just purchased an 04 Liberty, my first Liberty over the weekend. I was looking for a 2wd 4cyl 5speed and found they were hard to come by compared to the 6cyl/auto which make up 95% of everything out there for sale.

I need to get the most out of my MPG's and use it for highway traveling work so it was the logical choice since the CRD's were a few $K above my budget. It is a bit gutless as I expected, but when Im driving a jeep I'm never in a hurry anyway.

It is a black on black, looks good still, has about 100k on the ticker but runs very well.
24 hours after I purchased it the first problem popped up, the rear drivers side window quit working! I took it apart yesterday using the threads here on this forum on how to repair these problems and it is now back together working good. I did the budget fix, and used some the the auto goop liberally around the cable and plastic piece.

I also installed a used EVIC from an 00 GC today, picked it up from a local wrecker for $30, its working perfectly, with the exception of the temp sending unit,forgot to get it when pulled the EVIC this morning! That means another trip to the wrecker tomorrow. Woohooo!

So far I'm loving my liberty, and the wife is already threatening to take it to work with her and leaving her Caliber for me to drive!

This is not our first Jeep, I have a 99 Wrangler in my garage with 4.5" longarms lift and 33's for my serious wheeling. I also have an 88 Comanche pickup to haul things when we need. We have been a jeep family for a long time.

This forum has been a huge help for me in my research and buying of my Liberty, and afterwards knowing what to look for and how to fix the little things that go wrong. Thanks for letting me be a part of it! :D

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. There are some Colorado Jeepers on here. The 4 cyl 5 speeds are rare I think. They were used in the 02-04 years and the 4 cyl was dropped in the 05 year. The only other difference I knew of with the 2.4L was that they came with 4.10 gears. Did you get a build sheet on it?

Dave

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome.....

You have rare bird there, and that Commanche sounds great!!!! :D

Denlevi

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcomes.

Dave, no I do not have the build sheet yet. I will make a trip to my local DC dealer and get one from the parts Dept soon though. It does have the 4.10 rear , and looks like the 8.25 axle.

WJKJ, here's a pic of my Manche, after I did a little re-working to it.

You must be registered for see images attach

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcomes.

Dave, no I do not have the build sheet yet. I will make a trip to my local DC dealer and get one from the parts Dept soon though. It does have the 4.10 rear , and looks like the 8.25 axle.

WJKJ, here's a pic of my Manche, after I did a little re-working to it.

You must be registered for see images attach

Did you put a grill on it from a 97+ XJ??? Looks cool. Nice work.

Thanks....:)

Denlevi

Reaction score
Did you put a grill on it from a 97+ XJ??? Looks cool. Nice work.

Thanks! Yes replaced the fenders, front fascia,grill and bumper with the 97+ Cherokee parts. I liked the look. I need to replace the fender flares when I have the time.