Cold Air Intake ebay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

huntbuggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because that's a hot air intake?

Cold is more $

:happy175:

The K&N FIPK kit might come with a nice air dam and better filter, placed frontwards where the stock airbox was - but concensus here is they're a complete waste of coin if you offroad.

I have the K&N airbox filter and spend more time cleaning it than I do the Jeep's carpets. It seems to love to pick up all the dust and grime I drive through on dirt tracks and gravel roads especially.

K&N = Kleening & Notworththecoin ?

Akedos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well isn't this actually a HAI? Plus the fact it is aluminum rather than the insulating plastic that K&N uses. I imagine the cone air filters are just cheapies. Really this is just a bulk buy thing. Buy a load of aluminum sluice pipe, and a bunch of rubber fittings, and those cone filters... assemble and ship. There was no real thinking about it I don't believe...

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
With my "cold" hard cash I would rather not have the engine/throttle body sucking dirt in through those filters.
AS said may times before, the stock intake design works well, and is more away from the hot zone, compared to that intake.
The under hood temps can reach goofy temps in summer. A Suncoast hood http://jeepinbyal.com/prod-Suncoast_Hood_Scoop-594.aspxwith a functional ram intake or louvres cut into the hood would help a lot.
Can I have a loan..I like that hood ....

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
The stock KJ intake is better. It actually draws in cold air from the outside.

Just my opinion.

Dave

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Allright, we got one thing right. I can't really tell which is which, especially when a very similar K+N set up is marketed as "cold" air intake. What makes it cold and this hot? Just the "dam" that sits like a divider in K+N?

I love that hood scoop, but I won't be able to going to pay $800 plus shipping to get 5hp and a bit better engine sound. I just wanted to get my jeep a bit fresher air, especially with its aging engine and stop & go city traffic.

I guess I will skip.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Most all of those are cheap worthless piles of junk even if they charge 50 or 250 for them.
Amsoil ( or good paper ) filter in the stock box, 3 to 4 inch hose to the grill area directly into the box and be done

mmc757

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our stock setup more or less IS a CAI. Like tommud said, a hose from the grill directly into the air box would be as effective as anything that you might drop $200 on.

If your really opposed to the paper filters, you can get a K&N drop in filter for under $40, or a Green filter (IMO, a superior filter) for around $50. http://www.airfiltersonline.com/index.php?searchstring=2200
Either one of these combined with the aforementioned hose would pretty much max out the potential of the intake tract.

Realistically, these filters are only truly helpful to drivers that spend a lot of time at or near WOT. Not a common Jeep condition unless your putting your foot down heavy to catch up with traffic on the highways.