Coil Spring Codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dwrodgers52

Reaction score
Anyone know where to find out which coil springs are in my 08 Limited 4wd w/ tow package? Trying to order Mopar OE springs and there are several different ones by codes.

dwrodgers52

Reaction score
Just want to keep it stock and it's got about 70k on it. Replacing shocks and might as well put the springs in at the same time. Plan on keeping a long time.

Josh

Full Access Member
Reaction score

dwrodgers52

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I already have the shocks and struts, Bilsteins from OME.
I just would hate to go aftermarket on the springs and not like them and have to do it over. Been finding decent dealer prices online and will see if my dealer can match them, they have different springs with different 3 letter codes and I'm not sure where to find which ones I have.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
VIN number should be able to tell you what they installed on yours. Dealer should be able to tell you. At least we used to be able to do that
Bilsteins are not from OME though , two different companies

dwrodgers52

Reaction score
Right I meant Jeepinbyal. I was thinking about getting the OME springs from them.

Last edited:

Josh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I already have the shocks and struts, Bilsteins from OME.
I just would hate to go aftermarket on the springs and not like them and have to do it over. Been finding decent dealer prices online and will see if my dealer can match them, they have different springs with different 3 letter codes and I'm not sure where to find which ones I have.

Has there ever been a bad review of ome springs?

teckn9ne

Reaction score
Im also trying to replace all 4 corners with new springs what ome springs will work with bilstein 24-139168 fronts and 24-139175 rear im not trying 4 lift just need stiffer springs then oem .Going be purchased thru JBA

Josh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As read here:http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f196/struts-50153/
925 would be as close to stock for the front but they are not a
common choice here. Shocks are the same length as stock up front, lifted or not.

Those few that went 926 seemed happy as they a little springy-er.
947 rears would lift you as little as possible.

The faq has the rest for the more common choices
That every will swear by including me.

teckn9ne

Reaction score
Will after little more reserch and talk to the dealer and merlin decided to go with the 2927 and wanting to go with 2731 instead of the 2730/947 arb told me that the 2927 for front is ok but 2730/947 is what i should go with in the rear looken 4 opinion from people on here.And talked 2 my dealer installing them and they said go for a spring that will lift under 3 inches and jeep is not fully stock any more skids and rails.Willl the 2731 put the rear to high and what will the ride quality be like ? And what height can i expect in rear with stock bumper no spacers on either front or rear just OME springs and shocks . thanks again just doing last bit research before the order. thanks again 4 any info.

Last edited: