Clevis Lift v2.0

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedHotGTO

Reaction score
Just bought this KJ back on 3/17 and while doing a front brake inspection last night I checked out the front spring/shock insert and Clevis connection. I had a thought and with limited time gave the following a try…

Using a crow bar and a wedge (wrench) I was able to do a ½” lift while only having to loosen one bolt, the Clevis bolt…

You must be registered for see images attach

My before Hub to Fender gap in the front was 18-1/2”
After this Clevis Lift v2.0 it is now 19” – as you might expect with only a ¼” Clevis gap.

Am I the first to do it this way? And being the newbie that I am here, is there maybe a reason why no one is doing it this way? From all the reading I did on a Clevis Lift there are several bolts that need to be removed to perform this lift. Am I missing something?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Not the first, people been doing it for 6-7 years or more
Now of course you need to go get an alignment :Bye:

RedHotGTO

Reaction score
Not the first, people been doing it for 6-7 years or more
Now of course you need to go get an alignment :Bye:

Kool - I just wanted to verify I was not missing anything. I had not come across any post that described this method.

And the dealer will be doing an alignment this Saturday after they do that F23-LBJ safety recall.

rlt2011

Reaction score
i was actually about to do this myself...but seeing how u managed to retain from taking off a bunch off parts, this has helped me alot lol thanks man (im a newbie also, got my kj last month.)