Clear Bumper signals and bulbs?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FL RENNY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just spoke with a guy at ProCarParts.com about the Jeep Liberty Clear Bumper lights. I asked him if they came with Orange Bulbs to replace my stock clear ones (i believe they are clear?), he said that they did not. It is my understanding that clear bulbs and clear lights are illegal, kind of a "DUH." So all you people who have clear signal's....did your order come with orange bulbs? Did you have to buy a pair, and if so can i get the light #? And maybe how much did you pay , and where did you get them from? The ones i was looking at came to about $52 with shipping and handling, so any cheaper would be great but, but no biggie.... the info is a huge help.

Thanks!!

Se7enLC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FL RENNY said:
I just spoke with a guy at ProCarParts.com about the Jeep Liberty Clear Bumper lights. I asked him if they came with Orange Bulbs to replace my stock clear ones (i believe they are clear?), he said that they did not. It is my understanding that clear bulbs and clear lights are illegal, kind of a "DUH." So all you people who have clear signal's....did your order come with orange bulbs? Did you have to buy a pair, and if so can i get the light #? And maybe how much did you pay , and where did you get them from? The ones i was looking at came to about $52 with shipping and handling, so any cheaper would be great but, but no biggie.... the info is a huge help.

It's not always illegal, the laws differ per state. I think in massachusetts (where I live and looked up the law before) and in Maine (I looked it up there, before, too), it's legal to have front & rear blinkers that are white, yellow, or orange, and I think.

valvestem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Se7enLC said:
FL RENNY said:

It's not always illegal, the laws differ per state. I think in massachusetts (where I live and looked up the law before) and in Maine (I looked it up there, before, too), it's legal to have front & rear blinkers that are white, yellow, or orange, and I think.

Every state will probably be different. But, Maine is clear to yellow/orange light for the front and yellow/orange to red light in the rear for the turn signals. Any combination of bulb and lens is OK as long as it conforms to the above. Hope that makes sense.

priell3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my clear front marker lights on Ebay from this vendor
http://tinyurl.com/dgzco

They came with amber bulbs. I eventually replaced the amber with Silverstars also from ebay.

I got the clear tail lenses from Procarparts on Ebay. The price was decent but they took forever to arrive (almost 2 weeks).

BoeserBlick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a set of clears as well, but had them tinted to make them look a bit more custom, yet subdued....

You must be registered for see images

They came with amber bulbs, which still blink through perfectly...

You must be registered for see images

If anyone is interested in some tricked out tinted tails or lights, check out my buddy's website:black that ass up