Chrome grill installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lashlarue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
[
You must be registered for see images attach
Did not install the black plastic insert, considering painting it RED Spare tire cover will arrive tomorrow.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
without the grill insert it looks like an old man with no teeth. :) but I like the silver.

Lashlarue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"So I went to the door slapped on some bright red lip gloss" and said to my brother James, how does this look?
or this
Now I have a one of a kind Liberty Sport

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Billforde... I guess we found your successor.. :)

I can't say I am a fan of the red insert, since your jeep is silver, it didn't look that great. What are you going to do if you decide to change it? Maybe red white and blue!? that's intersting. I would try to make it silver if there is a silver paint, otherwise keep it black.

Lashlarue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read Billforde's thread on his grill, he has some cool ideas and has done a lot of work on his Liberty. I will put my fire-extinguisher where he has his. I'm seriously considering up grading my interior, but I'll either use wood, aluminum, or carbon fibre. I prefer classy to garish, no offense but some of his color choices were a bit much for me.But we are alike as we both want a one of kind vehicle.

SnowgodCCR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that it might look good meshed. I'll see if I can photochop something for you.

billforde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SnowgodCCR said:
I think that it might look good meshed. I'll see if I can photochop something for you.
My current grill has mesh.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look at the horns!! :) Great shot. How do they sound?

You have NJ plate!?

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
billforde said:
They sound loud enough O:) I have NY plates now, moved back to NY last june.

Cool. I thought you kept them on for the sake of insurance.
I asked the dudes at pepboys (on old country road, next to tacobell) if they could install the air hornes on my jeep, he says I need a permit for those, otherwise I cannot pass the inspection ?!! :^o I wanted to get one hooked up, I love the sound of those. Did you mount them in place of stock horn or just add-on with individual honk?

billforde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still have the original horms connected, since the air horns have a slight delay while they build up air. My jeep passed inspection (NY) without a problem.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
billforde said:
I still have the original horms connected, since the air horns have a slight delay while they build up air. My jeep passed inspection (NY) without a problem.

I don't know, maybe that dude had no idea.
Don't they have a compressor & storage to keep the air ready to blow when you hit the horn? I thought they worked other way around, let the air go once you hit the horn and not be able to hold it more than a few seconds, then it's empty, starts refilling the container, make it ready for the next blow.. :-k

billforde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The one that i have only has a compressor (thats why there is a delay).

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see..

Are those pipes clear plastic? don't they get hot and melt from the radiator?
I have to get one of those

So sorry, Lashlarue, we seem to have post-jacked your thread. 8-[

billforde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes they are very thick plastic pipes. No melting has occured, so i assumed that the radiator doesnt get hot enough to cause a problem.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Allright thanks. I will check some other place and ask them how much they will charge to install the ones that has compressor & tank on-board.
Sorry for asking too many questions, (although I shouldn't ask, as I am sure you did yourself), but did you do it yourself?

billforde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hyedipin said:
Allright thanks. I will check some other place and ask them how much they will charge to install the ones that has compressor & tank on-board.
Sorry for asking too many questions, (although I shouldn't ask, as I am sure you did yourself), but did you do it yourself?
Would I let someone else violate my KJ O:)

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hail to the king of "oh that? yeah I have it"