Chrome gas car 2008 liberty limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

silverfox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Want to replace my gas car with a chrome billet one....some say it's a PITA to replace.....true???? 61 yr young female here wanting to replace it and want to know how hard it is to do. Want to replace my handles to chrome and possibly mirror.....how hard?????
Thanks!

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please don't tell us you are going to throw chrome all over it like a ghettomobile......the jeep gods will get you for that.........:D

Dave

silverfox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No....I'm not looking for that LOOK....but I do like the chrome billet gas cap if nothing else!!!!!! Just trying to figure out if me...a 61 yr young female....can replace that myself. I've heard where it's a PITA to replace! Or looking for someone in the Indy/Lafayette area of Indiana that might be able to help me with it:confused::confused:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
No....I'm not looking for that LOOK....but I do like the chrome billet gas cap if nothing else!!!!!! Just trying to figure out if me...a 61 yr young female....can replace that myself. I've heard where it's a PITA to replace! Or looking for someone in the Indy/Lafayette area of Indiana that might be able to help me with it:confused::confused:

They're probably plastic and stick on. I never looked at them. You can do it. You are never too old. I am older than you and I do ALL my own maintence on 2 vehicles.

Dave

silverfox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I'm looking at is not stick on. It's a chrome gas cap to install.....and I'm hoping I can do it on my own. Hope I can do it:p:p:p

KKDude08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure you have a T-30 Tip for your ratchet, and get some blue painters tape. USE THE TAPE or you will scratch your paint all up.

http://www.mopar-accessories.com/en-US/imagehandler.ashx?id=1656

If you decide on the mirror covers then make sure you get some 3M trim tape and use a lot of that stuff. The 3 measly strips that Mopar puts on wouldn't hold a match book closed, and they will fall off and your 100 dollar pieces of plastic will be screwed.

[FONT=&quot]View photos[/FONT]