Chivo Falls, 08/19/07 Pictures

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rkeegstra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The folks over at L.O.S.T. put together a run to Chivo Falls (just northeast of Tucson).

My theme song for this run was "Hit The Skids" by Local H. The new AllJ rails proved their worth, and even the gas tank skid took a hit or two.

Casey takes the "easy" line while Dan goes the hard way:
You must be registered for see images

Casey starts down Three Feathers:

Dan starts through the squeeze at the end of the trail, and goes all cross-axle before...

...slamming down on the side rail:

Water!

Vern takes a lunch break in the shade under the falls:

Although I weenied out and didn't drive my unlifted Libby all the way to the end, we got it in and out with only skid scrapes and a tiny spot of rim rash (and another dent in the muffler). And we only had to stock a single rock, at a spot where my diff (and drive shaft) were just starting to hang up.

All in all an enjoyable run. Thanks all!

Russ

indieaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you clime up to the top of the falls? Pretty awesome view from up there. It takes a little while tho.

rkeegstra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you clime up to the top of the falls? Pretty awesome view from up there. It takes a little while tho.

No, in fact at the time I didn't even know there was a way up there. Probably a good thing anyway, since as we were airing back up in the parking lot the thunder boomers were moving in.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow. So was it as hard as the Backway to Crown King or no?

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice pics and it looks like you all had a great time....

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow. So was it as hard as the Backway to Crown King or no?

Wells rates this trail slightly harder than back way to crown king, im in agreement here, tho it appears way harder, and i think there are way more obsticles on this run vs back way to crown king.

AndySRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
k whats the screen name of casey. im kinda wondering what he did with the side makers after trimming the bumper that way. I'm trying to get ideas here before i go nuts.