changed out plugs with iridium ones....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

woodie07

Reaction score
i bought an 07 liberty with 39k on it and it had a miss... i checked the plugs after reading posts here about them eating plugs.... they were ngk r zfr6f-11g. they were as white as u could get.... i replaced them with ngk6fix-11 irridium ix..... hopefully thiese will last longer because i doubt the ngkR's came stock in it.... any ideas or solutions to correct this issue?

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, the copper NGK's are about the best thing to get for the kj. Change them every 30k.

I used Autolite double platniums in mine. :)

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, the copper NGK's are about the best thing to get for the kj. Change them every 30k.

I used Autolite double platniums in mine. :)
Sorry NGK plugs peroid are not good for any vehicle.They are prone to breaking apart in the combustion chamber.I have 2 freinds back home that used to run NGK's only till they both had them break apart and destroy there engines,one $45,000 555cubic inch Rat motor and the other is a $60,000 640cubic inch wedge motor.Oh and those where the NGK iriduims,and not just a fluke either,many poeple have had them come apart on them.

jakewire

Reaction score
Sorry NGK plugs peroid are not good for any vehicle.They are prone to breaking apart in the combustion chamber.I have 2 freinds back home that used to run NGK's only till they both had them break apart and destroy there engines,one $45,000 555cubic inch Rat motor and the other is a $60,000 640cubic inch wedge motor.Oh and those where the NGK iriduims,and not just a fluke either,many poeple have had them come apart on them.

BS as far as the libby is concerned .... oem ngk's changed every 20k are by far the cheapest and most economical as far as mpg at $14 a change (no labor since i change them myself) than any other more expensive plug. jmho

woodie07

Reaction score
well i spent 46 for irridiums this time.... won't do it again.. thanks for the input

LibertyOrDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep those +2 and +4 plugs are junk also,the standard design plug is the best.If you buy those pulstar plugs might as well just bend over and kiss your own butt because you just spent $120+ for snake oil,you be had:D.

Yeah I call BS on the Pulstar scam. Besides, they sell snake oil for much cheaper at Wal-Mart under the SuperTech brand.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BS as far as the libby is concerned .... oem ngk's changed every 20k are by far the cheapest and most economical as far as mpg at $14 a change (no labor since i change them myself) than any other more expensive plug. jmho

Yea, I agree.

Never heard of anyone having problems with NGK plugs.

offrovering

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my oem NGK's had gone 90k before changing, ive never heard of an issue with ngk's - just some engines dont use them as well.

but that is just like some engines dont like bosch

champions seem to work well across the board.

Latest posts

Members online