carrying 2 or 3 bikes!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mak1965

Reaction score
What should I get to carry 2 or 3 bikes to various locations,, I see a bike rack in Walmart but it will not fit because of the spare??? The Libby did not come with the cross bars on top.. Just rails from front to back?? Any ideas [email protected]

Thanks!(blarg)

ephantmon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spare me

I have a Thule 963 (spare me) on my spare. I've transported two bikes, both hybrids, probably around 15 pounds each on highways and residential roads, no problems. Now, this model will ONLY hold two bikes, so if you want a third on there, you'll probably have to get a hitch-mounted rack.

offrovering

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thule makes something for the spare tire.

or you can build a rack using your bars, which I did at one time. yakima bars, cage, bike sleds, etc. I have a pic of it somewhere ontop of the liberty if you want to see what it looks like.

offrovering

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this is thule's version, you dont have as much around the tire

You must be registered for see images

mak1965

Reaction score
Yeah if you look at the Hollywood version,, It goes over & snugs onto the top of the spare.. I did have to lengthen (by Loosening) the screws a lot. And The 3 straps seems strong What I did was also wrap the 2 rear straps around the tire through the rims as to add more strength. And after the bikes were on added 4 bungees.. Overkill>>/?? Anyway seems great was able to drive the bikes to the local park and then off to Ritas for a much needed Ice!

Latest posts

Members online