camp jeep

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Driving down daily. It's only an hour or so from me. There is nowhere to stay there, so don't even ask. You're better off staying near UVA and driving in every day. Book now, there are not many hotels and they will be filled up fast.

mikes04kj

Reaction score
thanks yea we already got a room at a hotel but i don't know what it is as the wife and inlaws picked it out . the whole family is going which is why i got a jeep (liberty) so its my first . later mike

stackthepads30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just signed up for camp jeep. I hopefully have a couple friends in wranglers coming with me. Just bought tow hooks and the skid plates so I'll be set for some trails, as I've never really done trails in my libby before (but am looking forward to it).

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Mopar skids minus the ******, so that is covered. I felt the Mopar skids were adequate for the engine, fuel and transfer case, but don't trust that transmission. Have to get a Super skid or something, but that is a lot of money considering everything else I have been sinking into it lately. Also planning to replace the stock tires before then with Geolander A/Ts unless it turns out I can fit the 255/65/17 REVOs on without rubbing.

Anyway, I have been trying to find out if they are providing for camping this year, as well, because that is a great area to pitch tent - I did it years ago. I have a monstrous 12 person tent and all the gear, but no idea what the accomodations are going to be or where I can camp nearby.

The nearest campground is Lake Nelson Campground about 4 miles away and they are also the cheapest at 20 a night. There are some other grounds, but they are 20-30 miles away and the nearest town would be Lynchburg around 40 away. I think Charlottesville is about the same distance, a lot larger, and a college town with UVA there.

Make sure you go by Monticello while you're in the area, though. It's a must see, as well as UVA.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been there back in 2004. Awesome and beautiful. I was stock then but ran a nice trail with river crossings and inclines while following the huge trail lead. Might I say they actually thought the Lib did a great job. Loved it but can't make it back this year! Oh well, maybe next time!

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got my first email from Camp Jeep registration about this year. Apparently we can now look forward *sarcasm* to Tim Mcgraw being there Thursday night in addition to the concert and Fireworks Saturday. I would assume they plan to have a bigger act closing considering they got Tim McGraw to play the opening?