Brush guard strenghts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AtlanticLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have a problem. My Lib is bone stock right now and I'd like to start doing some light off-roading. I'm wanting to install a brushguard on the front but it's my understanding that you either have to choose tow hooks or a brush guard.

How do you guys with the brush guards go on these trail rides that require front tow hooks? And is a (steel tubular) brush guard strong enough to strap to if needed?

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
someone has put both on, granted it was the mopar tubular guards. I was gonna attempt to put on both, but decided just to take the guards off, and put on a hidden front hitch. it mounts on the same points as the hooks, and it seems very sturdy, the only thing i would be scared off is the upper points (not sure how it is on after market ones). the ones for the mopar seems to be just stabalizers, and if given enough force could be ripped off. i think someone over at lost welded in towhooks on his brush guards...

the1jferg

Banned
Reaction score
hooks

Do you have a front skid plate? If not, you can mount clevis hooks to the frame under there.

Se7enLC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
waag claims to have a brushbar that will fit without losing your tow-hooks (02-04). On the 05 the claim it will fit but lose the tow hooks, but they didn't have a photo of it (so I wasn't about to spend a few hundred bucks to find out that they were wrong).