Brush Guard Mounting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike Brierton

Reaction score
I am trying to build my own brush guard for my ‘11 KK. Where are the best mounting spots and how would I mount a brush guard to my Jeep?

Thank you for any help!

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
All of the aftermarket brush guards use the tow hook attachment points under the front bumper.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, the bumper remains on.

However… I have heard over the years that brush guards act as body damage multipliers in the event of a front end collision. I would not install one personally, or I would get/make a steel bumper that would actually hold up.

For example:

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
No, the bumper remains on.

However… I have heard over the years that brush guards act as body damage multipliers in the event of a front end collision. I would not install one personally, or I would get/make a steel bumper that would actually hold up.

For example:
Saw a KK earlier today with a brush guard smashed through the radiator and fan. it had been wedged between the exploder ahead of it and the Tacoma behind it. Tacoma radiator was smashed by its Amazon special bumper/stinger too. Nasty afternoon glare round these parts.

Latest posts

Members online