Boiling point

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mator1988

03 liberty sport 3.7l
Reaction score
Ok so while trying to jump off a other vehicle my radiator holding tank starts spewing coming from under the cap. Yes the cap is in specs and only a month old. My question is if I flush the radiator system would it be safe for me to o ly put water in it for the next 2 weeks? Would it do any good for me to flush the radiator system? Why would my top hose be hot and the bottom still be cold?

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I assume you are taking about your KJ here.
Check to make sure it is a 16 psi cap on the recovery tank, and the the sealing washer is not cracked.
I would replace the thermostat with a Mopar one. Flush the system with water a few times, until it's clear, then completely drain system & add the Hoat coolant.
It's not a good idea to just have just water in the system, you don't want corrosion and Hoat or zerex G-05 coolant will offer that corrosion protection.
The hoat coolant will have a much higher boiling point than just water alone.

Mator1988

03 liberty sport 3.7l
Reaction score
I assume you are taking about your KJ here.
Check to make sure it is a 16 psi cap on the recovery tank, and the the sealing washer is not cracked.
I would replace the thermostat with a Mopar one. Flush the system with water a few times, until it's clear, then completely drain system & add the Hoat coolant.
It's not a good idea to just have just water in the system, you don't want corrosion and Hoat or zerex G-05 coolant will offer that corrosion protection.
The hoat coolant will have a much higher boiling point than just water alone.
Thank you for the information