Boilers top plate question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LI02liberty

Reaction score
Hello all I have a question. Is it possible to stack 2 plates to gain a bit more on the height ? Any opinions on it would be great. Thanks

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Bolts are not long enough to run more than one 3/8 top plate from any of the people who make them
you can do a top plate and a 3/8 clevis

long_tall_texan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With a stock Top plate, you can add the 1/4" spacer plate is all. If you want to go with the 3/8" spacer plate, or 2x 1/4" plates, you have to have longer studs in the top plate or you will not have enough thread engagement. You can add multiples. It is similar to an OTT budget lift. The problem with those setups that blow the shocks, is that they do not add extended bump stops. That is what the problem is...

long_tall_texan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dad gummit Tom. You beat me to it!

And like he said, usually a top plate, and then a clevis too is all you need.

LI02liberty

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. When I do the top plate an clevis I'll take pics and post them. But at the rate this winter is going it's looking like end of march when I'll be able to do it!