"Blizzard" Pictures

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clyde Frog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
(These are all from my iPhone so please excuse any poor quality)

The "blizzard" didn't really turn out to be as much as they thought or as much as I was hoping but it was still a decent amount of snow and plows are STILL out because the 50 MPH winds are blowing the snow right back on the roads. Two days later I'm still having to use 4HI to get down a lot of roads in my town and a lot of streets in the city I work.

Anyway, here are some timed pics from work.

4:30PM (Had been snowing for about 30 minutes)
You must be registered for see images attach

5:30PM

6:30PM

7:30PM

9:30PM (I forgot about 8:30 :D)

10:30PM

Yes, that's the view from the only window that faces the outside world. I work in a dungeon. :(

A timelapse video I recorded from 4:30Pm to 8:00PM. Watch the bottom step, that's where you can see the accumulation best because it was most shielded from the wind.
[YT]jDPhxMl2H6A[/YT]

In case you can't tell, I was EXTREMELY bored at work that night.

Now for the aftermath...

Snapped tree #1

Snapped tree #2

And this is what the snow pile at the parking lot at my work looks like today.

The Jeep handled all of this no problem. A lot of roads were unplowed going home at night and I was cruising right along. Mother nature is gonna have to do better than that :yawn:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow CF........nice pics. You got way more snow than we did. You are still driving on unplowed roads too. We got about 8 inches. No wind or drifts and no big deal. Everything plowed and they salted the crap out of the place. They even plowed the unpaved mountain road. That's the only one that is a mess here.

Dave

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's really nothing compared to what we got here.

You must be registered for see images

Clyde Frog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We got a decent amount but not nearly as much as had been forecasted. We also had ridiculous wind which was no fun because it blew all the snow into concentrated areas (against buildings, cars, etc). See pic below

I was disappointed in the accumulation :( I wish we got as much as NYC had.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
We had a lot of wind too, but snow was everywhere, although my driveway was one of those places where snow accumulated, in some garages up to height of garage door. I had to dig my garage out of about 3 feet of snow in certain areas.

This is a shot from when it first started, night before the hell froze over, that wall you see across my garage is about 20feet away and about 6 feet high, it was one of those places where it accumulated, and later all snow blew this way:

This morning after I cleaned out a bit and started driving over the snow, trying to pack it nice and helping with the freezing process, then I was able to drive my jeep out, without much effort actually, because I had to replace the crappy AC Delco battery which started acting up (just 21 months)

***** to be them:

Last edited:

Kracus

Reaction score
So I'm guessing you didn't make it? :) I actualy live just north of you in New Brunswick and unfortunately we did not get that much snow. I'm hoping for a big snowfall lol.

new jeep owner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
(lol) you are correct . after shoveling and shoveling and shoveling some more
we went home . gotta get a lift and some taller tires. we probably could have made it then .
the snow was packed so hard under the jeep I had a hard time to get it out . after the fact I thought maybe if I had jacked it up a little it would have been easier . oh well considering it's "bone stock" it didn't do too bad.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Hyed......awesome pics. So the wind even blew the snow into the 14th st subway tunnel? That's what it looks like anyway.

Dave

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah Dave,
Snow even down in the subway tracks, it found its way through ventilation grills.

KJJosh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The pics of new york are bringing back memories of the DC blizzards from last year.

RenegadeJay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drive a snow plow for the county, my truck is bad ass but pics like those put me into a panic. I know our day will come and I do not look forward to trying to work during those conditions. I've worked 14" storms but never anything like a 20" or more. I would want to curl up and cry like a little girl. It's good to hear that most people came away without serious injury or anything like that.

family KJ

JPOTM WINNER
Reaction score
Wow, this pics in NY are, well cool! I would like to say I miss that but....only to visit! Think of our 75 degrees today, that should keep you warm.