best battery for the kj

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

majikkj

Reaction score
Just wondering what battery you guys were using on your kj's. I really like Optimas and have seen a few people on here using them, but I cant seem to find anyone that carries one for my kj. Any other suggestions though will be greatly appreciated.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what battery you guys were using on your kj's. I really like Optimas and have seen a few people on here using them, but I cant seem to find anyone that carries one for my kj. Any other suggestions though will be greatly appreciated.

Sams Club? My local store carries a whole line of them.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't redtops have some issues and caused a few stalls in the past?
How about Delco batteries? anyone has them? Or those sears batteries..

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
How about Delco batteries? anyone has them? ..

I have an AC Delco in the Cutlass. Bought the car new and the original AC Delco lasted a long time. It died after about 6 years or so and I replaced it with another AC Delco. It has been in there 2 years or so with no problems. That is my experience with them.

My KJ still has the original battery in it. Not sure which one is best for the KJ. The Optima ones cost more so you would think they should be better especially if you have the Rennegade model with the heavy duty alternator and off-road lights.

Dave

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Red is better for starting and yellow is better for high loads. IE, winch, big stereo, etc.

Im still using my stock battery in another Jeep. It seems to be holding up great.

2003KJ

Reaction score
stock battery went kaput in 3.5 years....pretty good considering the stock one isn't known for its long life.

I've always run Napa batteries with no troubles. Have one in there right now (put it in back in December) and have had zero problems.

M&P40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just got the 3874DT (optima) a week ago for my 06 renegade. so far so good

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
How it was explained to me is, Red top good all round high performance batter. Ample start power high cranking power and if I were to run a couple of sets of auxiliary lights, no problem.
Yellow top is especially suited for use in applications where allot of electrical accessories are being used. ie. Big stereo systems, High power auxiliary lighting (like what I have on my Mini {880 watts}) Winches.
Blue top: Deep cycle marine battery, also useful for campers, travel trailers, and of cource boats.