Best Aftermarket Part For KJ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jsc7002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you think is the best aftermarket part for the KJ?
Bull guard?... Lift Kit?... Exhaust?...Head Unit?... Roof Rack?... Too Many To List Just Put Down What You Like The Best

Thanks =D>

Jeger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It really depends on what you are going for.

But I like that fact that we have lockers, and the Detroit Tru-trac available.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I started to go with offroading stuff and realized its too high maintenace for what I prefer to do. Personally, stereo stuff. Think about it. Most likely, you are using the stereo just about everytime you are in the vehicle.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
desertkj said:
I started to go with offroading stuff and realized its too high maintenace for what I prefer to do. Personally, stereo stuff. Think about it. Most likely, you are using the stereo just about everytime you are in the vehicle.

I use the suspension everytime I get in the jeep. O:) Even if Im stock or have alittle extra air under me.. \:D/

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Side Window Deflectors. Great addition to the Jeep and makes it look nice. You can keep the window down while its raining and it even breaks down the amount of wind blowing in your face if you have the window open.

I originally but the JEEP ones that stick to the windows but got rid of them. Then I missed them and wanted new ones so I got the WeatherTech ones from Bennett.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
desertkj said:

I use the suspension everytime I get in the jeep. O:) Even if Im stock or have alittle extra air under me.. \:D/

Lol. Touche...

JJsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like you wheel so I would say a rear locker is one of the best things you can add. (assuming you have skids and recovery points already)

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JJsKJ said:
Looks like you wheel so I would say a rear locker is one of the best things you can add. (assuming you have skids and recovery points already)

I agree with the above statement. If you do wheel or tend to drive along non-paved roads, you may want to invest in Skids and recovery points first. Those would be the ideal modifications.

frikki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have actually been wondering about this as well. It's a where-to-start issue of mine. I really think that a nice bullguard with mounted lights is a great addition. Or a brush guard like MoladoGuy's. (If you're going for aestheticism.) But since you really use your KJ, I agree that skids and recovery points are key. And if you're really feeling good about yourself later on, a nice winch would do you just fine.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Skids, recovery points, rocker protection. A lift can come later (once you get tired of banging the engine skid on every single rock you try to go across). Then when you get tired of not being able to climb that one rock that you just know you should be able to get over, a locker \:D/

And if you don't have one already, a CB to call for help when you get into something you shouldn't have (biggrin)

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a difference between BEST and MOST USEFUL.

For me, best after market stuff would be new lights, rear bumper guard & rooflight, for me, easiest and best one to get is new headunit, since you mentioned it. I took a long time to decide on mine, and it wasn't that difficult to replace.

Again it depends on what you need, then decide on best.

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been looking for clear side markers for an 06 and I just can't find them anywhere. They are plentiful for the 02-04, but that's where it stops. If anyone has seen them or put them on an 05-07, please let me know!

Latest posts

Members online