Before & After Photos-Rusty's Lift/Grabber AT2s/Roof Bas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scoobybri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried to keep the photos similar in angle. Not perfect, but good enough! (And it's pretty obvious that I have a much better camera in the "after" photos.)
Front
You must be registered for see images

Front Low

Front Side

Side

Back Side

Back

Back Low

Close Up Of The Homemade Bars

scoobybri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, there's a 2.5" lift on there. I'm only running 245/70-R16 so there's no problem with rubbing...even on a stock libby.

Stampey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The front bumpers on the 04-06 have grown on me from when i first saw them. Lookin good. Nice choice of tires! How do you like the grabbers?

scoobybri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Grabbers are great! Very good on and offroad. The General Tire brand initially scared me due to their history of crappy OEM tires that are on so many cars. But this is the one tire that breaks the mold. After 500 miles and about 10+ hours of off-road use, I would not hesitate to buy them again.

As for the size, I did not want to lose HP or MPG by going to a much bigger tire. To lose 3+ MPG just to get another 1/2" or so clearance does not seem to be such a good compromise. I have a nice even 9.5" of clearance under the front skid now. If that doesn't get me to where I wanna go, I'll just hike.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
scoobybri said:
As for the size, I did not want to lose HP or MPG by going to a much bigger tire. To lose 3+ MPG just to get another 1/2" or so clearance does not seem to be such a good compromise. I have a nice even 9.5" of clearance under the front skid now. If that doesn't get me to where I wanna go, I'll just hike.
Right! I totally agree with you. I'd go bigger but I don't want to rub on anything because I know I will never cut any metal on this Jeep... or any vehicle for that matter. Biggest tire I'd put on a Liberty is 245/75. Anything after that starts looking real bad IMO.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Marlon_JBT said:
scoobybri said:
Right! I totally agree with you. I'd go bigger but I don't want to rub on anything because I know I will never cut any metal on this Jeep... or any vehicle for that matter. Biggest tire I'd put on a Liberty is 245/75. Anything after that starts looking real bad IMO.

DOH! (whistle)

I will be going with 245/75 after I use these up. Just couldn't beat the price for tires/wheel combo lol!

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Marlon_JBT said:
Everybody's been doing that lately...

Running a 2.5" lift with 245/70s...

Why? If there isn't a rubbing issue with that size, are there any advantages justifying the price? I'm going to run 245/65's on my 17's when my current set wears out, but I'm not lifting.

KJjeepster

Reaction score
scoobybri

Your Libby is my Libby's younger brother.
I got an O2 in red with exact the same roof set up.
I put it on last week(the Blackwidow with the same idea of home made cross bars and U-bolts). The bars I bought for $ 9.98ea, the plugs for $0.98ea, the U-bolts $ 4.20ea.
I am just about to decide between 2 types of lift (and the tires).

scoobybri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spring lift. The consensus is that the spacer lifts cause more problems than the spring lifts so it was worth the extra $200 for the spring lift upfornt, rather than pay to have parts fixed later on....IMHO. I've run the lift pretty hard a few times and I'm very happy with it. Better than stock on road and awesome offroad.

scoobybri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's some pics with my Liberty next to a stock Libby to help convince you that you need a lift.

KeswickDave

Gold Moderator
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stop teasing! lol... can't do it yet, buying myself a basement first. Maybe next year!

It is amazing though, makes them look like a whole different vehicle!

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
That looks good. Nice comparison pictures too.

Dave