BDS rear springs are 210 lbs/inch and OME is ????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the actual spring rate of the 948 OME springs?

We have all this information about the front, but not so much about the rear. It seems nobody really knows and that bugs me.

BDS rears are 210 lbs/inch.

EFS rears are 220 lbs/inch.

If I find out OME are any lower than 200 I'm going with BDS rears in the future.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
No one knows? LOL
News to me I thought most knew and most of the time no one asks so its never brought up.
I'd stick with OMEs, BDS are no better

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Whoops didn't include that did I?
OME 948s are 200 lb stock OEM is 150

What I'd like is 250 lb would work way better with the weight I have but must keep dreaming until the $$$ come in for custom springs

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, thanks Tom I do appreciate it a lot. So now, when a poor fool like me uses the POS search feature on here I may be able to find the information.

OME rear spring rate: 200 lbs/inch

BDS rear spring rate: 210 lbs/inch

EFS rear spring rate: 220 lbs/inch

I'm staying with the OME too. I was just waiting and hoping they weren't 180 or something putrid like that.

Thanks again. ...and oh please feel free to add this to the FAQ at the top of this section where the rear spring rate goes overseen.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
What I'd like is 250 lb would work way better...

Same here!
By the time we have our two daughters and all the camping and recovery gear as well as food and water on board the Heep, the rear OME coils are getting far to compressed and hit the bump stops frequently. Even with two additional rear polyurethane 1/2 inch isolators!
I'll start by getting some Firestone airbags.
And or coil over rear shocks like you've done Tom.