BDS / Bilstein 2" lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
I converted the measurements to inches for those who are not familiar with metric measurements.
They are in Red. Rounded up or down.

I was bored!;)

Pics and measurements as promised:
Measurements:

Before tyres.
Front Wheel hub to fender flare: 440mm=17 1/3"
Rear Wheel hub to fender flare: 450mm=17 2/3"
Front ground to fender flare: 785mm=30 8/9"
Rear ground to fender flare: 795mm=31 ¼"
Utmost lowest point to ground 153mm=6" (6.023")

After BDS/Bilstein lift and Tyres:
Front Wheel hub to fender flare: 545mm=21 4/9"
Rear Wheel hub to fender flare: 555mm=21 8/9"
Front ground to fender flare: 895mm=35 2/9"
Rear ground to fender flare: 898mm=35 ⅓"
Utmost lowest point to ground 275mm=10 7/9"

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

badkittystt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any update on the BDS lift?

The boy just found it online and saw that is has a lifetime warranty and needless to say we are very interested. I don't have a new job yet so I'm still pretty far off but I'm thinking I would do this and then pick up some front shocks, I'm unclear whether BDS makes from shocks or if I would need to pick up some OME or Bilstein or something...

Havok

Reaction score
Any update on the BDS lift?

The boy just found it online and saw that is has a lifetime warranty and needless to say we are very interested. I don't have a new job yet so I'm still pretty far off but I'm thinking I would do this and then pick up some front shocks, I'm unclear whether BDS makes from shocks or if I would need to pick up some OME or Bilstein or something...

Well the issue was never resolved. it seemed to maybe be an issue with that specific model of KJ.
I compared the suspension setup with some other KJ drivers and it was quite a bit different. So I came to the conclusion that it was not really stock.

I sold my KJ and got a Suzuki Jimny. Think you guys in the States knew the old one called the Samurai SJ
it's slowly getting upgrades and this will be the end goal.
You must be registered for see images

Solid Front Axle, Ladder Frame Chassis, Lowrange. It's got a small 1300 VVT fuel injected engine.
You will not believe how awesome this little thing is offroad. and it sips fuel :)

Anyway, I'll miss the V6 but so far not sorry i traded her in. Just sorry the lift didn't pan out with my KJ.

All in all it looks like a solid kit badkittysst. it just seems like it didn't really work with my Extreme Sport Edition KJ. No one could really figure out wth the issue was. i couldn't understand it but well... swapped back to standard shocks, then wanted to do spacer lift but then saw what the little Suzuki could do and I was sold.